第五章

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・

junhui had been strolling aimlessly through the hallways he knew like the back of his hand, a growing curiosity for the human currently somewhere in the castle he calls his home. knowing there was someone properly alive wandering defenseless in his hallways shot adrenaline in his veins, pure instinct leading him to where minghao was.

he stood further away from the open doors of the library, his unnaturally good hearing helping him hear each breath minghao took in over the beginning of the falling rain. it was kind of creepy when junhui thought about it, but it wasn’t something he could control. 

he leaned against the door frame that led to another room, watching as minghao stepped out of the library and closed the doors behind himself. 

he decided to not follow the human as he ventured upstairs, only hoping to himself that minghao wouldn’t try and pry open the locked up rooms on the second floor. he breathed a sigh of relief when minghao came back down, no signs of putting excessive effort into trying force anything. 

but then minghao walked from the stairs to another hallway, and that hallway just so happened to lead to the room of his fears.

fear, for the first time in a while, shot through junhui’s head as he watched minghao walk towards that forbidden room, just another turn down the hallway and he’ll be there-

and of course, since fate loves to play and mess with junhui, minghao turned down the hallway, almost confidently striding towards the large entryway to the ballroom. junhui walked after the human, his unnatural speed making it easy to catch up with him.

he could feel the feeling in his throat, the unreleased emotions he doesn’t know why he has, the contained tears already making its way to his eyes. he felt the emotions pile up all together, coming in like a truckload and slamming into his head. 

junhui’s hand slammed down on the door, using his enhanced strength to keep the door from opening. he could feel some form of rage arise in him, but he couldn’t feel if it was to the human, to himself, or to the damn room that caused him to be like this. 

he blinked, feeling a tear fall down from his eye and onto his cheek, minghao looking up at junhui. he couldn’t exactly decipher the emotions in the shorter’s eyes through his own feelings, but he could see how minghao’s eyes had widened slightly upon seeing him. 

“leave.” junhui managed out, trying to maintain a stable tone even if his face betrayed him. 

“i-i-” minghao stuttered over his words, moving his hand away from the door handle. “i’m so sorry-” the panic and fear in minghao’s tone was evident even to the air surrounding them, the atmosphere being filled with the clashing emotions that came from junhui and minghao. 
despite saying all this, minghao didn’t move from where he was standing, junhui’s gold eyes staring right into his soul almost, but the human did not move, did not leave. 

because underneath the fear and panic in minghao’s system, an undefined feeling of something combined with confidence sat in his heart. 

feeling such emotions, he gained the courage to reach his hand out, close enough to where he could wipe the tear but was held in place by junhui's tight grip against his own wrist. "don't."

"you're–you're crying." junhui didn't say a word, simply staring at the human, his eyes returning from a flash of gold back to the brown they once were before. "i apologize, minghao-ssi. i don't know what came over me." he paused, swallowing harshly, "i can assure you i'm quite well." 

minghao moved his eyes away from the latters' onto his wrist, "your hand." the vampire released his grip, frowning guiltily at the red mark that had made its way onto the traveler's wrist. junhui had forgotten just how much strength he had compared to an average human.