第三章

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・

minghao groaned, a panic setting in at the unfamiliar setting before he gained recollection of the day before. he raised a hand to block out the ray of light that stung his eyesight not noticing the figure on the sofa chair opposite of his.

sensing the latter stir awake beforehand, junhui spoke up, "you've been asleep for quite a while."

minghao jumped at this, gaining whiplash from craning his neck to where the blonde was. his eyes never leaving the figure, as if keeping him in sight would ease minghaos growing uncertainty.

"how long have i been asleep?"

junhui's focus remained on his novel, seemingly unfazed by the gaze casted upon him, turning a page silently before marking it with his hand to return eye contact. "you slept through the morning," his eyes moved towards the clock above the fireplace, "it's almost 2pm now."

the male returned to his book, a deafening silence falling upon the two once more. feeling somewhat at ease, minghao moved his focus to the small opening of curtains, not bothering to make conversation as he looked at the scenery outside.

"i thought you would appreciate a more favorable setting. i don't usually let the sunlight in, but seeing as i have a guest i thought it was only proper for me to lighten up the place from it's usual.." junhui paused, searching for the right vocabulary, "..demeanor."

"i'm a guest?"

"you surely aren't a prisoner of any kind. considering you were the one who broke into my home in the first place." junhui looked up from his book, raising his eyebrows in amusement, "you're welcome to leave whenever you please."

junhui hoped he wouldn't. it had been decades since he last grasped the mere thought of being in the same room as another person, let alone speaking to one.

hell, the book he's reading he's read at least two times.

the tips of minghao's ears turned bright red in embarrassment, looking away to avoid the latter from seeing the tint of pink on his cheeks.

"i thought you were only a myth. a joke for others to play pranks on the vulnerable."

junhui raised an eyebrow, tilting his head, "do you think i am a joke minghao-ssi?"

minghao raised his hands up, shaking them in opposition, "no! that wasn't at all what i meant-"

junhui smiled, which left minghao speechless on his own. the vampire was amused with the traveler, he found it interesting how he turned red whenever was caught staring for too long, or whenever he felt embarrassed.

"sorry to break it to you, but as you can see I am fully alive and well. not a joke, perhaps will always be a myth. it is why the townspeople avoid coming up here. they're afraid of the deadly vampire who lurks in the shadows and feeds on innocent people at night, never to be seen again."

minghao gulped, his eyes tracking every move the blonde made after he set his book down and stood up from his seat. minghao didn't even realize the flinch he made when the latter took a step towards him, but quickly retracted it.

"see, always the deadly vampire." he whispered, moving his focus to the view outside.

the two remained still, one speechless while the other lost his amusement for the day. "as i said before, you can leave whenever you want. you found your way in, so i assume you can find your way out."

"have you ever left?"

surprised at the question, junhui locked eyes with the traveler, who seemed to have functioning legs after all, junhui was beginning to wonder if he was going to live on that couch. "what?"