The Photoshoot Pt 1

Sev pursed his lips together as he glanced around at the other Stars seated with him. It had been almost a week since the Clubs had arrived, and with ten days until La Luna's re-opening, the excitement in the air was palpable.

He'd received an alert from Satzki that morning to meet in one of the building's function rooms, though, rather than being set for a party, the space had been done up like a corporate boardroom, complete with sleek elongated table and several leather chairs.

It seemed like none of Sev's colleagues had any idea what was going on. Theories ranged from office-themed orgy to a mass firing, though the gossip subsided as Satzki entered the room.

"Right," Satzki sighed, dropping a bundle of what appeared to be thick magazines onto the table before looking up to survey each of the men's faces. "Looks like everyone's here. Start passing these around."

One of the glossy catalogues landed in front of Sev, and he inspected it curiously. The cover itself was fairly simple: a white background with the company's logo printed in gold. As he leafed through the pages, however, it became abundantly clear exactly what the magazines were selling. Each page held an incredibly sensual yet surprisingly tasteful photo of a gorgeous young man. The page opposite detailed their names, their suits, and any specific preferences.

"If it wasn't obvious," Satzki announced, drawing everyone's attention back to himself. "These are the previous generations of catalogues for our clients to select their best matches."

He smiled, gesturing across the table to an untouched bundle of pages crudely stapled together to mimic a book.

"Last cycle they went fully digital, so we only have a patched-together version."

Several hands suddenly reached for the lonely stack, knowing full well that if they were from the previous generation, Satzki's photo would be in there somewhere.

Their boss smirked, continuing. "You'll notice as you go through that each of the photo shoots were themed," he explained, barely able to contain the excitement in his voice. "Technically you were all hired for marketing purposes, and you've all at least met the guys living on your floors."

A few of the other men grinned, but Sev only frowned. He'd thought the 'marketing' wording was simply a cute way to phrase his situation. He never expected to actually have to make any decisions.

"Think of something that would suit all of them," Satzki instructed, switching his tablet on. "You can take inspiration from the catalogues but be quick! They all have to be different!"

Some of the obvious themes when right away: beach, animal ears, uniforms. The next to go focused more on clothing: lace, florals, neon colours. Some were more concerned about the set: cars, plush toys, food.

Sev's brow furrowed as he struggled to think.

Cyl's face came to mind as he flipped through the catalogues, and he couldn't help but imagine what the timid young man would look like in each of the themes he came across. Leather didn't suit him — he seemed too conservative. Pastels might have worked if his features weren't so striking, but with an eye that shone like a jewel he wanted Cyl to stand out.

"Can you tell me what you mean by 'jewel'?" Satzki asked.

Sev blinked. He hadn't even realised he'd said anything out loud. "Jewellery," he said slowly, improvising. "And not much else?"

Satzki nodded approvingly, jotting down his notes, and Sev felt his shoulders sink in relief. While he hadn't exactly taken anyone else in his group into account, the brief was broad enough that he trusted they'd be okay.