20.

20.

Liliana seems to be quite charming; the traits of her adoptive father seem to have rubbed off on her. We are all whisked away into the castle to greet more noblemen and women.

Torrance orders for all of our belongings to be taken to our rooms as we first are given a tour of the castle. Nothing has changed from what I remember, the same terracotta coloured stone decorates the walls, the magnificent gardens with their water features and colourful floral arrangements, are still well kept.

The rooms were still barren, my first husband did not like clutter in his home or in his alliances, he was very direct and that is shown with the décor of his castle. We are called to lunch in the dining hall, already people are seated at tables.

I see a table seated with four young girls, a young man and an older woman. Already people are trying to seduce my son into marrying their daughters. I do have to admit, those girls are quite pretty, but Luca is to choose his own bride based on love not position.

We are seated at a long table overlooking all the others, one by one all the noble families offer their services to my son. He is advised by Javier whom to trust. He has lived his whole life here and knows if these families have a habit of switching sides, and if they are worthy of such a position.

The family of young girls is next to pledge their allegiance, the boy steps forward first.

'Your Majesty, I am Hugo Paladia, second duke of Claritan. I am here to pledge my allegiance and my services of myself and my sisters and my aunt to you.'

He has this seduction in his eyes, not intentionally but his eyes have this certain sex appeal to them, he has black curly hair that falls just above his shoulders and a stubble that perfects his lips. I do have to say Marridia may not have the best economy, but it does produce some of the best looking men I have laid my eyes upon.

'This is my eldest sister, Luciana.' She is ushered forward by who I can assume is their aunt. All these girls are quite short, they all have the same face shape, same hair, same cheekbones.

But one, Octavia, she has blue eyes, and they make her somewhat less striking than her sisters, maybe that is her personality instead. Her two younger sisters Elena and Ophelia have the same charm about them as their brother. Luciana is quiet but she does indulge in conversations, but Octavia seems to have other things on her mind.

Their aunt Rosaline has harshness to her face, a look of constant anger, a look of evil almost. I am informed that their mother is dead and their father imprisoned for treason. The usual punishment for treason is execution, but he was a close council of my first husband, so he was instead imprisoned.

The name Tomas Paladia does sound familiar, but his face does not match those of his children, except maybe Octavia. As the dinner progressed my mind was still stuck on the Paladia's I couldn't help but feel that they were important.

I rise up from my seat and move over to their table. The whole crowds eyes are on me. I pull a spare seat and between two of the daughters and I begin to converse with them all.