6.

Warning!! This chapter contains themes of sexual assualt, if you do not wish to read this chapter because of that please DM me and i will fill you in on everything you missed out on.

The death of the king was so unexpected. The guests had begun to mourn the death of their leader, weeping at his side, drowning their sorrows in even more ale. His body was taken away to be prepared for burial, yet his only son was nowhere to be found.

I ran in search for my new husband, to try and comfort him on this day filled with mixed emotions. Cesare followed me, I could hear is sword hit gently against his muscular calves as he took each step. I reached my husband’s room. I looked to my right to see Cesare heading for me. He was there to protect me. I knocked on the door and was let in by my husband.

We sat on the divan facing the fireplace as I comforted him. ‘There is no shame in crying, you just lost your father.’ ‘There is no need to cry, my monstrosity of a father who had my mother killed, is dead and I shall be king and you my queen.’ He stood up and grabbed my hand, as he pulled me up he moved his hands down to my waist, he began to kiss my neck.

I pulled away and told him I that this was no time for pleasure, his father the king had just perished before our eyes. He grabbed my wrists as he pushed me onto the bed. He held both wrists with one hand as he tried to unbutton his trousers. I lifted my knees and launched my feet into his stomach. As I tried to escape, Edward grabbed my hair and slapped me. He pressed his arm against my neck as his other hand slid up my leg. I was bent over the bed.I heard my dress rip as he flung it over my head He plunged into me painfully and repeatedly drilled into me. He kept going though as tears ran down my face.

I called out for Cesare as my husband raped me. Within a second the door was shoved open. Cesare pushed Edward off me and kicked him in the stomach repeatedly. I would usually try to stop him but in this case I didn’t.

Cesare picked me up, his arms under my knees and around my shoulder; he carried me to his room that he shared with my brother and my son. Here I would be safe. He sat me on the bed before locking the door. Cesare looked me deep in the eyes as he pushed the stray hairs behind my ears. As the tears flooded from my eyes he wiped each one away, before I collapsed into a sobbing mess on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and stroked my head. ‘I will kill him one day, when the time is right.’ He whispered gently in my ear. I immediately stopped crying and grabbed Cesare’s head as I kissed him intensely. He broke away and wiped the tears off his own face.

A knock on the door startled me; I hid away under the bed and onto the cold stone floor as I feared the sight of my husband. Rodrigo and Luca entered the room as Cesare gave me his hand to lift me out from under the bed. I sat in silence on the bed, tears dripping down my face, as Cesare covered the ears of our son and told Rodrigo the crime that had taken place.

Rodrigo wiped the tears from his face as he embraced me. ‘Our father is a monster for putting you in this position, I will visit him when I leave for Marridia and demand that your marriage be annulled.’ We could not leave our room for fear of Cesare being arrested for assaulting the soon to be king; the door was now locked tightly, a chair resting underneath the doorknob to prevent any more forceful action tonight.

Later that night as I stroke Luca’s hair while he slept someone knocked at our door. Rodrigo peeked through the keyhole. He saw one of my ladies standing patiently. I stood up and made my way to the barricade as I asked her what she was here for. ‘My Grace, I would like to inform you that your husband is waiting for you in his chambers, after all it is your wedding night.’ ‘If my husband would like to speak to me he shall see me himself, tonight is a night in which we shall mourn the death of the king.’and my pride’ I whispered.

She left without saying anything and silently curtsied to the door. Half an hour later, Edward rapt at the door, again Rodrigo looked through the keyhole to see the future king and two of his guards standing there. The three of us crowded around the door as I addressed Edward. ‘My darling wife, will you not join me so we can consummate our marriage?’ I declined his invitation. ‘Catalina I warn you I do not want to force myself into the room.’ ‘Just like you forced yourself on my sister.’ Rodrigo argued back. ‘We will come in there and we will murder all your men.’ Edward announced.

I informed him that we have two of the finest swordsmen in all the lands. As they were both kings bastards they were trained to be knights and fight for their country as they offered no noble birth rights that could be used to barter power and land. The three men outside the door walked away furiously.

Now was our time for escape. Rodrigo began to plan our escape. I stopped him. I was going to sacrifice myself in order to keep my family safe. Cesare looked at me while he shook his head ‘I can’t let you do this’ he quietly let out. ‘You will go back to Dakragh with Luca.’ I stroked my lovers face. ‘I will stay here to keep you and Luca safe, you need to leave and protect him. I do not have that luxury Cesare.’

He pleaded with me and eventually woke our son. I could tell he would burst out in tears if Rodrigo weren’t here.. Cesare always acted so strong but he had lost so much love in his life. When we said goodbye as I left from Marridia to Dakragh he broke down and the guilt I felt has been brought back now.

I hugged him and whispered to him ‘You need to be strong, I will be stronger by living here longing for your embrace, and you need to be strong for our son.’ He pulled my face close to his, our eyes saying goodbye with tears. Cesare began to kiss me and I could tell he never wanted to let go and neither did I. His tongue began to prod at mine ever so gently, melting us into one. Rodrigo’s hand on my shoulder told me it was time to let Cesare go