Chapter 2

***

I really could do with not going to school, which I was planning on not going to today, but my mother forced me! So here I am, like 15 minutes late! But here any way. Which was a good idea cuz It was a full moon tonight, so I had planned to follow Scott all day!

Walking to my locker when I hear Jackson and Scott talking! Well I think that what they were doing!

"What the hell is going on with you, McCall?" Jackson snapped at him.

"What's going on with me? You really wanna know? Well, so would I! Because I can see, hear, and smell things that I shouldn't be able to see, hear, and smell. I do things that should be impossible, I'm sleepwalking three miles into the middle of the woods, and I'm pretty much convinced that I'm totally out of my freaking mind!" Scott yelled at him.

And Jackson beinh the dumb idiot he is didn't get any of it. "You think you're funny - Don't you, McCall? I know you're hiding something." He sis pushing scott against the locker.

I came round the corner, "hey jackass, get off him" I snap, pushing jackson of scott. " what are you gonna do aurora!" He smirked!

He did not just use my full name! "I'll tell coach, that you and Lydia like to have extra credit in his office" I say, his face fell while Scott snorted.

Jackson quickly walked off from there! "You okay?" I ask, he nods "Yeah thanks!"

"It tryout if you want to come watch! It be nice to have some support!" He asked, I was shocked.

I never get invited to do anything, even if was just to watch stupid tryouts. It was nice to be asked. "Yeah sure"

***

"Scott! Scott, wait up." Stiles yells running up to both me and Scott, "Stiles, I'm playing the first elimination, man - Can it wait?" Scott told him. I don't think stiles notice me yet.

"Just hold on, okay? I overheard my dad on the phone. The fiber analysis came back from the lab in L.A. They found animal hairs on the body from the woods!" Stiles tried to explain. "Stiles, I gotta go. Thank for coming ace!" Scott said before he ran off.

"Wait, no! Scott! You're not gonna believe what the animal was! It was a wolf." Stiles said but Scott had already ran off. " a wolf you say" I spoke up. Stiles head snap towards me, and sheepishly smiled. "Hey " he said, from the look on his face he was shocked I was even talking to him.

" so a wolf killed the person they found?" I asked, he nodded. "Oh weird, I thought California didn't have wolves"I lied through my teeth. "Yeah well, they do now" he spoke. We stood awkwardly before I said a quick goodbye before I made my way to the same spot I sat in yesterday. I watch as Scott scored and got a place on first line!

As I sat watching the tryouts my mind couldn't help but wonder to the awkwardness of the conversation I had with  the boy that once use to be my best friend.

***

After school I followed Scott, to his house. Watched him panic about what to wear to the party tonight for an hour. And I thought Ivy was bad at choosing.

He eventually got a phone call from stiles, so here I was, sat on the side of stiles roof, listening to the boy's conversations. It seems like stiles had been doing research on werewolves and the joke he made. I forgot how smart he was, even as kids he was a smart kid!