Ball 4. AobaJousai

Miyazono Kaori

'Hm,' I placed my violin and bow down on the edge of my bed, mindlessly looking at the five paged music piece I was practicing on. The monochromatic notes stared back at me equally.

Sighing, I went over to my bed, careful not to crush my instrument, and laid down on my front. The plush pillows immediately gave me the warmth I needed and I snuggled deeply in them.

Looking back at the music stand that still has the pieces placed on to it, I wondered at how my audition will be tomorrow.

'So much for practicing,' I faced away and grumbled to my pillow.

'And so much for not getting anything right.'

----------

Shimizu Kiyoko

"All right!" Daichi called for the volleyball players. "Let's give it our best today to beat Aoba Jousai with all your might! Show them what Karasuno is made of!" (A/N: Sticking to Daichi now instead of Sawamura.)

"Yes, Captain!" They said in unison and headed in to the bus that'll lead us to Aoba Jousai.

"Shimizu," Suga appeared by my side, swinging a bag over his shoulder. "I don't think I saw Miyazono-chan today. Do you know where she is?"

I nodded at him. "Kaori texted me in the morning regarding about her violin audition. She knew about the match today and said that she'll try to come at Aoba Jousai if she could."

"Ah. Too bad we won't be able to see her audition." He smiled sadly as we walked up next into the bus.

"It's just an audition." I said bluntly and Suga turned around, frowning. "I'm not saying it in the bad way. She did say before that she had entered multiple competitions. So I'm guessing that she'll get in."

"But I wonder, why won't she continue until the Nationals?"

Sugawara Koushi

" 'Maybe because I just wasn't at my best'. " She said familiarily like Miyazono's.

Shimizu walked away and looked for a vacant seat. I eyed her suspiciously but shrugged it off.

'Is there something I don't know?'

'Of course there is. But don't expect her to say what it is suddenly. You just met Miyazono-chan yesterday.' My conscience snapped at me.

'Shimizu seems troubled about it..'

'But it's not your place to mingle with!'

'Ehh..'

"Sugawara Koushi!" Daichi snapped me out of my thoughts with a tremendous amount of shaking on my shoulders.

"Y-yes?" I answered timidly.

"Plastic bag! Hinata's about to throw up!" He commanded.

"O-oh, right!" I immediately digged into my bag, looking for a plastic and gave it to Hinata-kun who sat in front of us.

He hurled right away, vomiting out his lunch food. I scrunched my face at the sight of him and turned away, not wanting to be like him.

But one question remained haunting my mind until we've reached Aoba Jousai:

Did she had a corrupted past that prevented her to join the Nationals?

----------

Miyazono Kaori

'I made it, huh.' I scanned the results board and saw my name at the very bottom of it. 'Audiences' choice too.'

I faint smile made its way to my face as I walked out of the building, heading next to the hospital to meet my consultant. It's necessary after a sweat-dropping performance I made.