Ball 14. Bittersweet

A/N: The last chapter might've been a little OoC, and maybe on other previous chapters.. I apologize for that. But the reason was 'What if the characters are out of their comfort zone?'. That was why I made them that way. Or in other words, an alternate universe. Ehhh, sorry if if doesn't make sense..

Miyazono Kaori

"..but Kaori, you know what the risks are if you go to Karasuno's match today. I know that you want to see and support them, but can't you just think more of yourself too?"

"Dr. Kanji, please. I just want to be with them even if for a while. This is my final request, if I must say. Besides, we've already talked about this, haven't we?"

"Your parents may have agreed but I'm still not sure about this."

"It's what I want."

"Are you sure?"

"..Yes."

Dr. Kanji sighed and looked at me for a long time with furrowed eyebrows, either frustrated by my act right now or just lost in her damn thoughts that's keeping me from going into Karasuno's match with Aoba Jousai. Suddenly, she sighed and groaned loudly, slammed her palms hard on the table in front of her then glared at me.

I looked at her confusingly. "What?"

"You do know that this is a serious matter, right?" 

I nodded.

"And if anything serious had happened to you, we wouldn't always be there right away to send you back here in the hospital. This is also your last day--"

"Dr. Kanji," I rose my voice in a begging manner. "Please. I know what I'm asking for is worth my life. If I have to repeat myself, I would like this to be my last and final request even with its dangerous outcomes. Karasuno has done so much for me in the past few months I've exchanged schools and it is so much better than the previous ones I've been to. No one had even bullied me or anything!" I laughed which sounded a little forced. "And.. and I don't want them to worry about me right now. This is the reason why I hadn't told them is so that they could focus on their match. I've been watching their practices every now and then that I just can never get tired of seeing them hold that volleyball with determination in their faces to win and lead their downfallen team soar again up high in the clouds where they can achieve more greater goals victoriously. Well, except for that first year blond guy with the glasses. He just seems to be keeping all his other interesting emotions bottled up that, he's rarely seen enjoying a practice match or whatsoever. But I'm sure that one day, someone or a group of people out there will bonk his hard head and change that persona of his."

Dr. Kanji looked at me with a surprised expression, but with a big smile on her face. "They must've been great friends of yours."

"Yeah," I looked down onto my hands with a small smile. "Especially Kiyoko. We've only been together for the most of our childhood days and she has already grown into a fine independent woman. I missed her so much.."

"And I'm sure you'll miss them even more if you don't get to the match immediately," She stood up and grabbed my hand, leading me out of her office. "Go, Kaori. I may not agree much on your decision but, it is yours and yours only. I can never persuade you other ways."

I grinned and hugged her tight. "Thank you, Kanji-sensei."

She placed her arms around my petite body and hugged me back. "The pleasure is all mine."

Letting ourselves go, I waved a hand at her, bidding goodbye and out I went into the exit glass doors. From there, I took a taxi and we drove off into the stadium where the match will be held.