༻𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎༺

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

The former Balladeer wasn't always this way, he wasn't known to be soft towards anyone. The 6th was known to command his subordinates ruthlessly. "I told you I don't need an assistant Doctor" The 6th hissed

"I know you say that but the Tsaritsa begs to differ"-The doctor turned around-"her orders, not mine"

The Balladeer growled, "They better not be useless like the others"

"Oh they won't, the person I'm assigning you to is one of my most trusted, she is truly a fine specimen. She isn't too strong but her athletic abilities and the power she holds with her vision are truly amazing"-The doctor walked out-"She's not much of a talker though"

The Balladeer stood there, upset that he had been appointed an assistant. One would usually be thankful for the help but Scaramouche was different, he wanted someone who wouldn't break easily. The last time he had an assistant was 70 years ago and they were horribly fragile in his eyes.

A knock on his office door "come in"

This was the first time he had seen you, "Sorry for the intrusion, my name is Y/N"

"You must be my assistant" he mocked

"Yes sir I am," you bowed "pleasure to meet you"

He was annoyed, 

He was annoyed so very much

Just a glance at you and he saw how fragile your body was.

But that wasn't the only thing that had him grumbling. Overtime he started to feel something, he had just believed it was his head playing tricks on him. He knew what anger and annoyance felt like, but this was nothing like it.

He didn't truly understand his feelings till you were lying in is bed. You slept soundly while he was staring at the ceiling, pondering. It was then he turned his body to your sleeping figure and saw how peaceful you looked. He grabbed your hand, holding close to his chest, and began to drift away himself.

Perhaps he can make this last awhile longer.

Maybe he did have a heart

Maybe, just maybe, you would stay by his side for eternity

꧁꧂

If only he had known that you wouldn't have left him

If only he knew that you had spent weeks crying since his departure from the fatui

Maybe he would've been by your side instead of trying to become a false god

But his ambitions got the best of him...

"I'm sorry my love..." he thought moments before he chose to erase his existences

"I'm sorry"

"But this world would be better without it remembering me..."

꧁꧂