𝐗𝐗 ☁︎︎ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

☔︎︎ ✍︎︎ ☕︎︎ ☁︎︎

-Third Person POV-

☔︎︎ ✍︎︎ ☕︎︎ ☁︎︎

"SO HOW COME YOU WERE LATE?"

As Fusako casually walked, hands in skirt pockets, she looked up at the curious boy.

"I could ask you the same."

He froze for a millisecond at her side step of his question. Before lowering his head a bit at her remark.

"True enough. But I diiid ask first." He jokingly shrugged.

"Exactly and I asked second so you answer first and I'll answer second."

Midoriya failed to process her gaslit logic for a solid ten seconds before a curt chuckle made him forget what he was thinking about.

"I'm messing with you," she revealed, looking away from her taller acquaintance and upwards for any cobwebs that may be hanging in the corners of the tall ceilings. "I just forgot my book in my desk, and it's too good to leave behind for a whole lunch break."

She smoothly came up with a cover, not even second guessing her words like it had really been the truth. Such as the results from years of speech conditioning.

"Oh really? What book is it?? I love reading– especially if it's about anything hero related!"

The eager boy didn't pick up on her lie, this time that is.

Fusako had a bad feeling that considering he was worthy enough to supposedly be the next All Might, he was smarter then he let on.

There was also something else though, some otherworldly and threatening aura. The girl with nerves of steel felt a slight chill run laps around her skin at the loosely attached entity that had yet to fully reveal itself.

Her guard was up, to say the least.

So that's why she shrugged as they stopped by their homeroom class, acting like she felt nothing. As per usual.

"Just the Hunger Games. I read it when I was little but I forgot most of it. Only remember the main things: skilled archer, sisterly love, children being slaughtered to prove a point. You know."

"Ah yeah, well that's... One way to sum it up?" The slightly taller boy opened the door for them with a tight lipped smile, still a bit nervous himself.

"So you've read it?" She asked as she hesitantly walked in first, the young man following. She didn't trust him, therefore wanted him in view at all times.

"Yep! I'm team Peeta, you?"

The girl chuckled under her breath as she got the book from her desk, turning back to face his freckled face.

"She was sixteen and severely traumatized, I fail to see the benefit of her being with either honestly," she walked to the back door and opened it, holding out a hand showing he could go out first.

"Other than playing on the lovers-against-the-world trope to win the games of course. That was genius." She thought out loud as they walked along the still ghost town like halls.