The Head House of Slytherin

Besides Harry and Ron gapping at the site of Percy as he sat down at the Slytherin table and all the student whispering among them selves and The headmaster staring at him, It wasn't that bad. He went and sat down with the other first years and he saw some familiar faces among them.

"Hey blondie what's your name?" he asked across the table.

The boy stopped talking to his big friends and looked over. "Draco, Draco Malfoy," he ended up saying while looking at Percy.

"So your Potters brother?" he mumbled.

Is that all defines him in the eyes of these wizards his brother? You could say it bugged him a little bit that people always judged or ignored him because of his brother.

"I may be his brother, but I'm not him." Percy paused before saying "It's nice to meet you Draco and it seems you know most of the people here could you introduce me to them?"

Draco smiled at that and quickly introduced him to most of the other first years. pointing to his left and right he said.

"This is Crabbe and this is Goyle." pointing to a kid 2 seats over he said. "Thats Blaise."

before he could continue speaking a girl interrupted him to Percy's right.

"I'm Pansy Parkinson and they are Daphne Greengrass and Millicent Bulstrode." she said as she pointed to her left.

"Nice to meet you all."

"Nice to meet ya too."

Everyone was having a good time introducing themselves and talking about the school and what classes are supposed to be like. Then they started to talk about their families and how they made it into the magical world.

Hearing about each wizards family and the ties they have all over the world Percy understood why the hat put him in Slytherin to succeed. Many of them were rich and could be considered prestigious in others eyes.

"My father has a great job at the ministry."

Then it landed on him.

"What about you Perseus? Being Potters brother couldn't have been that hard was it." Blaise said.

Percy sighed and gave them a brief explanation on how he was introduced to the magical world, and how well he done outside of it. Perfect graded student one of the smartest, still caused the most trouble and getting kicked out of multiple schools.

Just as Percy finished speaking the deserts suddenly disappeared even the one in Crabbe's mouth, and as Professor Dumbledore got to his feet. The hall fell silent.

"Ahem – just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you.

"First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well."

Dumbledore's twinkling eyes flashed in the direction of the Weasley twins.

"I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors.

"Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch.

"And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."

Percy laughed along with the first years but the rest of the students were dead silent.

Greengrass quickly asked the prefect if Dumbledore was being serious.

"The professor doesn't joke when it's about the school rules." He said with a straight face.

"And now, before we go to bed, let us sing the school song!" cried Dumbledore. Percy noticed that the other teachers' smiles had become rather fixed especially the one with the greasy hair.

Dumbledore gave his wand a little flick, as if he was trying to get a fly off the end, and a long golden ribbon flew out of it, which rose high above the tables and twisted itself, snakelike, into words.

"Everyone pick their favorite tune," said Dumbledore, "and off we go!"

And the school bellowed:

"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,

Teach us something please,

Whether we be old and bald

Or young with scabby knees,

Our heads could do with filling

With some interesting stuff,

For now they're bare and full of air,

Dead flied and bits of fluff,

So teach us things worth knowing,

Bring back what we've forgot,

Just do your best, we'll do the rest,

And learn until our brains all rot."