The Mirror

It was almost Christmas and over the course of the last few weeks you could say Percy was more irritated than anything else how come Harry couldn't just drop the three headed Dog.

While talking to Hermione he figured out that they knew something new. Nicolas Flamel supposedly what ever the dog was guarding it had something to do with him, and now they even suspect Snape of trying to steal whatever the dog was guarding.

If anyone was suspicious in Percy's opinion it would be Professor Quirrell.

"Percy! Professor Quirrell is a really nice professor and he's an absolute mess." Hermione scoffed.

Percy thought it was unethical to judge someone based on how they act. Luke taught him that during the summer.

Otherwise things were going great Percy has perfect grades and quidditch started recently although Percy refused to go due to how high the stands were. He heard they unfortunately lost to Gryffindor due to harry accidentally eating the snitch.

Best of all winter was going by fast and soon Christmas would come. Everyone was excited to go back and see their families, but Professor McGonagall had come around the week before, making a list of students who would be staying for the holidays. So Percy naturally signed up spending his winter in a castle or with the Dursleys.

It didn't surprise him when Harry signed up as well looking very excited he didn't have to see the Dursleys and he got to spend his Christmas with Ron.

As for Percy he was hoping to use this opportunity to sway or convince Harry to drop the Thing the dog was guarding as well as getting closer to him. Their relationship has fallen apart vastly since they were separated in to different house.

Maybe it was the people Percy hung out with. But one thing about It was they weren't bad once you got to know them. Most of the ideals they follow was pushed on them from a young age especially Malfoy. He had a mouth but he was also a good friend when he needed to be he even invited Percy to stay at his manor for Christmas break. Percy already signed up to stay at Hogwarts though.

The only other bad thing about Malfoy was the fact that he couldn't let things go or learn when to keep his mouth shut.

As we were leaving potions he decided to provoke Weasley and almost got beat up muggle style. Luckily Professor Snape came to his rescue.

"You just don't know when to shut up do you Malfoy?"

"What do you mean by that Perseus?"

"You didn't have to insult Weasley he almost beat you up."

"You would have helped me." He laughed. "Besides I don't need to worry about rift raft like him."

"He would have gotten a good punch in before I could have reacted Malfoy." Percy simply stated "Your lucky Snape saw it before I did."

"I'm going to eat." Percy said leaving Malfoy stunned.

There it was the great hall with all the delicious foods Percy will spend the next 10 minutes of his life gorging, Or he was going to until he saw the Trio talking to Hagrid.

"How many days you got left until yer holidays?" Hagrid asked.

"Just one," said Hermione. "And that reminds me – Harry, Ron, we've got half an hour before lunch, we should be in the library."

"Oh yeah, you're right," said Ron, tearing his eyes away from Professor Flitwick, who had golden bubbles blossoming out of his wand and was trailing them over the branches of the new tree.

"The library?" said Hagrid, following them out of the hall. "Just before the holidays? Bit keen, aren't yeh?"

"Oh, we're not working," Harry told him brightly. "Ever since you mentioned Nicolas Flamel we've been trying to find out who he is."