New information

After the events of that evening happened it was all that was on Percy's mind he couldn't shake it. The timing was to similar Hagrid takes a special package from a vault and someone broke into  Gringotts for the first time in the vault they emptied only hours before.

Then a three headed guard dog in a school full of students guarding a trap door. Protecting something important. The secret artifact or item must be very important fo such events to transpire.

To say he was intrigued would be understating it.

But that wasn't all that was happening Malfoy woke up earlier in the day to see Harry and Ron walking into the great hall with a smile ear to ear.

"So what you're telling me is that they showed up for the duel and you were about to kid Potter's butt, but then Filch showed up?" Pansy asked.

"Yes unfortunately they suspect Draco of telling Filch to get them in trouble." Percy explained.

"Tell Filch I was with you all day how could I tell Filch besides why would I want to talk to that wretched squib."

"Where were you Draco?" Blaise asked.

"He was asleep in the common room." came Pansy's reply "I saw him there this morning."

As everyone was talking Percy went back to thinking about the trapdoor. He was going to talk to one of the professors about the parcel that Hagrid had if nobody gave him any answers he would go to Dumbledore himself.

But his fist option was Hagrid of course no matter how well hearted the man was Percy knew he was part fool.

A couple weeks go by.

Percy has been doing his best to ace every class magic was more complicated than he thought especially transfiguration. It didn't help that professor Mcgonagall was one of the toughest graders in the school. Besides Snape on a Gryffindor student.

Turning mice into snuffboxes was much harder as they kept trying to run away Percy thought of immobilizing one of them on his desk, but he didn't know if it could affect the spell anyway he didn't want. He needs his grades to be prestige if he wants a bright future in magic.

The last couple of weeks has been very enjoyable otherwise he spent his time goofing off with Draco and the others and if he ever needed to study for classes he would just go the library. Where he found Hermione often, they thankfully became friends and would help each other with spells and means of studying. 

He was really glad he became friends with her she was smart hardworking and a surprising joy to work with. Reminded him of Annabeth to which he thankfully already had written some letters throughout the school year.

After class was over and Percy found out Immobulus does not affect the spell with some discussion and experimenting with the professor. Making sure not to sacrifice his grade.

He was walking down to the Great Hall with Draco to find some of the best halloween decorations he's ever seem with the floating Jack-o-laterns and the ghosts allaying with a thousand live bats fluttered from the walls and ceiling while a thousand more swooped over the tables in low black clouds, making the candles in the pumpkins stutter. The feast appeared suddenly on the golden plates, as it had at the start-of-term banquet.

As everyone was enjoying their dinner Percy looked over to the Gryffindor table and noticed one of the three usuals was missing. Looking around the table he ended up asking pansy as she hated the girl for no good reason.

"Hey Parkinson what happened to Granger?"

"you haven't heard?" she asked giggling. "She's crying her eyes out in the bathroom. She won't even let her friends near her."