Scarlet

"Hail the emperor"

"Hail the empress"

These kinds of salutations filled the court room. Yudhisthir and Draupadi were about to sit on the throne of Hastinapur as the other Pandavas and courteers also took their places. Flowers and holy water were showered on them as the Rajguru handed him the baton of sovereignty. He looked at the baton, it was made of precious metals to ensure the power of emperor. But he felt it was made of his kinsmen' bones.

"Blood and blood, all I could see.." he whispered as he touched it.

Draupadi beside him heard the whisper as a different feeling rushed her. Everything seemed meaningless to the Pandava family. Every celebration were sarcasm for them. As if their enemies were screaming 'how it feel to dance on your own family's grave?'

"Oh Lord, end this celebration soon, it's like hot wax against my ears!" Yudhisthir prayed to almighty slowly.

He looked everywhere and for a second felt like he saw his sons standing at a side and smiling for them.

I will be standing in the crowd and throw a lot of flowers Pitashree!

I will be hailing for you in loudest voice!

I will ask the musicians to play best music!

Me too!

What about me? I will bring the best flowers!

I will help you!!

He blinked his eyes but felt he really saw them.

"Emperor!" Rajguru called him in low voice.

"Wait guruji! Wait a little!" He said and looked desperately at everywhere.

"What are you looking for emperor? Anything lost?"

"Where are they!" He whispered.

"Who? The auspicious time is getting out! Sit on throne!"

He reluctantly agreed and proceeded towards the throne.

With a gust of wind he heard

We are always there Pitashree..

He stopped and turned but see none other than his other family members.

"What play is this Lord?" He helplessly uttered.

That afternoon...

The other four Pandavas entered the room of their eldest brother, confused.

Why he suddenly called them at evening? Certainly at evenings were their time if evening prayer. They were doing that and then this sudden call.

"Jyesth! Anything important? You summoned us at the time of evening prayer!" They asked.

Yudhisthir didn't answer them and that was unusual for him. They looked at each other and at him.

"Jyesth?"

He silently looked at them very coldly at indicated towards the table. They looked at the table, there was a closed metal box.

"What is there?" Bheem asked as Sahadev and Arjun started to go there when Nakul looked at his eldest. His eyes were glassy.

Glassy?

He softly held arms and called him, he looked distressed.

"What's so important there Jyesth?"

Yudhisthir held his hand over his arm. Nakul felt something wet on his palm.

"Jyesth!!!" He screamed gaining the other threes attention as he indentified the scarlet blood.