Chapter One

Have you ever felt lost? Felt like everything in your life just suddenly disappeared and all you feel is emptiness? My parents, my home, my older brother. I lost them all.

The last thing I remember, the last words I heard from my family- "Run Ila."

We were suppose to be hunting for dinner before the big yellow ball in the sky disappeared. A couple of bunny beasts were feasting on the giant carrots we managed to grow. My dad decided we could have bunny for dinner. And if we caught both, it'll last us a couple days. We all agreed and made a plan on capturing the beasts.

But what we didn't know was that a Bear Owl was hunting the same dinner we were. The monster attacked my brother. And as my parents were trying to fight it off, they all screamed for me to run. I was only eleven at the time. I didn't know how to fight a dangerous creature.

So, I ran.

And that was the last time I ever saw my family.

I knew I had distant cousins somewhere not too far from home. A couple days walk. My uncle Grug and aunt Ugga were strange cavemen, but I adored them anyway.

That's were I headed.

Straight towards the Croods.

────── 〕──────

Authors Note:
I am finally starting this book. I know it took me a while but I had to put this one on hold for a while due to personal reasons.

Let's get this party started. :)