Chapter III

Life was surely stepping in in an incredible pace, for every day since the wedding you wanted to escape the place again, Aegon's High Hill being your paradise, yet your downfall altogether.

"My daughter, I know I was harsh on you, a bit too much. You fought bravely beside us, not to prove yourself but because that's who you are. This is for you." Corlys said, handing you a handsome Valyrian sword, the pommel was shaped by a seahorse.

"I thank you, father. It means the world." You beamed at the sight of your new blade.

"How should you name it then?"

"Nightrider." You put it back inside its sheath. 

"By the way, Y/N..." Corlys was nigh hesitant to ask. "Now that your bother's a husband. And Leana has taken a great interest on prince Daemon, well..." He chose carefully his words, not to appear pressuring, he did anyway. "Lords across the whole Realm have shown their fascination towards you. The son of Lord Tully, for instance. Houses Tyrell, Blackwood, Tarly, Costayne, Rowan... I could go on. You're a comely lady, you ride a dragon, but, youth won't last forever, my child. Don't you want to form a family as soon as possible?"

"I wish a woman could mother a babe without a man." You plainly answered, not sounding rude, however. Corlys knew better than prompt you any further, setting your mind already, too much alike your mother Rhaenys.

Moons flew by, and you continued dwelling in the matters of the heart, concerning both your childhood companions. Alicent glistened whenever she came across you, too bashful to comment about your "romantic, non appropriate encounter" on the night of Rhaenyra's wedding. But you knew what it had meant to her, you knew you had lit a spark that will not be easy for her extinguish.

Having just woken up to start the day, a guard came to fetch you and escorted you to the Godswood, where Syrax's rider solemnly awaited you. Haven't spoken for weeks, you didn't know what to expect, or how to react to her very presence, in that case.

"Princess Rhaenyra."

"Riñnykeā Y/N, nyke istan hoping īlon could ȳzaldrīzes." (Lady Y/N, I was hoping we could talk)

"Skoros iksos konīr naejot vestragon?" (What is there to say?) You blurted, in all honesty discourteousness was not your intent, but when you peeped into her eyes, it was like a shock to your heart, you were already used to the feeling. "I apologize for my bad manners, Princess."

"I never meant to insult you, Y/N. Not even at my wedding... I don't know why I said that. I would never consider you or treat you as my whore, let alone offend you by calling you someone else's. I guess I just... lost my mind. You were... my Lady, my equal. I'm truly sorry. I'm not asking you to forgive me and start over. It will be hard, I know, but I care about you a lot. I've lied to you, I've kept secrets, even confessing to you now makes me ashamed. If you hate me, then it's okay. The fault is mine and mine alone. You know, I've always wondered why they call me the Realm's Delight when that title should belong to you. Any man or woman lucky enough to catch your eye is the luckiest in the Seven Kingdoms, in the whole fucking world. You deserve so much more than I can offer you. Bless se mēre bona gets naejot lua aōha prūmia." (Bless the one that gets to keep your heart)

"Nyke'll sagon blessing ao, pār." (I'll be blessing you, then) You've realised that you are indeed a fool, because a few sweet words and she's got you, you know she's genuine, and playing the villain and parting from her hurts more than pretending the present is not sickening.

"Me and Her Grace." She countered.

"The Realm's Delight fits only a Princess. And so happens you are the only one." You strive to keep the Queen away from the conversation, because you are likely to give yourself away in one way or another.