Chapter VIII

"Aegon Targaryen is the one true King!"

"Hail His Grace, Long May He Reign!"

"Second of his name, King of the Andals, the Roynar and the First Men"

Aegon stood proudly in front of the masses, the people cheering him with all their might.

The Dragon Pit roared, but never so loud as when Rhaenys emerged in Meleys. The Red Queen crushed everything and everyone in her path.

Your first instinct was to grab Haleana, for she was at your side. Criston moved to Alicent's side, she was quick to shove him away, grabbing Aegon's elbow.

Of course Rhaenys was not going to command her dragon to reduce you to ashes. However, they all stood up in fright, as Meleys glared at them aggressively.

Even if you weren't there, it's not in her nature to be a killer.

She could have prevented further conflict, that's true. She could have ended the Greens (except for Daeron) and their short reign. History would not even remember them, the maesters would not note what followed, no more than a grim, unhinged family.

Alicent and her son trembled with fear, as your eyes bore into your mother's. In her soul she was pleading for you to go to her. And you could have. You could have stepped up and hurled at the she-dragon. Your heart and mind were one in that moment, as your feet held firm, while Rhaenys waited a couple more seconds before Meleys bawled one last time in your direction, her bellow echoing throughout the place.

It was never in your plans to betray your own kin, to turn your back on them when all confusion arose. Would Laena and Laenor be disappointed in you? Would they understand? But the crucial question, would you have taken the same side if they were alive?

You missed your siblings dearly. You still mourned them, and the pain welled up inside you with every memory.

You didn't even know if your father was better off, you prayed to the Gods to let him prevail against all odds, what you knew for sure was that you could not take any of this back, your mind was made up but your heart was still shattering at the revelation of your choice.

-

"Where's Y/N? Why isn't she with you?" The once Realm's Delight stammered. Rhaenys had just arrived at Dragonstone in a haste, in the room she met with her and her consort. She was out of words, and the Princess understood all too well.

"Why didn't you burn them all there and then, you had the chance!" Daemon was in a overwrought state.

"My daughter was amongst them. Even if she weren't, it was not my place to spill blood first." She replied, irked.

"She's a traitor, she's loyal to the usurpers now." He persisted.

"They made me a prisoner, Y/N helped me escape so that I could warn you." Rhaenys added, Rhaenyra suddenly felt disoriented, weak. A excruciating pain kicked her in the lower part of her stomach. The babe was coming...

"Alicent demanded you both declare for Aegon."

"Y/N decided to do so before she beseeched her support." Rhaenyra brushed the insides of her dress to find blood dripping.

While the Princess fought tooth and nail to bring her kid into the world, Daemon was busy plotting to steal the Throne back for her. With the revelation of your decision, he rejoiced in the one he made years ago in Driftmark.

Daemon feared that Laenor would come back and ruin everything... their marriage would be illegitimate, their children would be bastards.

Once he had made both Laenor and Rhaenyra believe that they would fake his death, he had someone kill him once they got on board, killing Ser Qarl as well to leave no trace.