The Nutcracker (part 1)

"The plan is to get him, then get out of here as fast as we can!"

"Hey! I have a question!"

"What is it, Alfred?"

"Yeah, uh, what if he refuses to come with us?"

"Then...we will force him to come!"

"Yes! I have another question!?"

"Yes? Matthew?"

"Do we have to wear this stuff?"

"Yeah!" Everyone spoke in unison, annoyed. I swear! It was like I was surrounded by idiots. "Yes! Because if we don't, they will notice that we are not from around here!" I tried to say.

Our situation was complicated...

To put things plainly, we had gotten stuck in this strange world, partly on Alfred's part. We were taken into the world where the Nutcracker is based in. I've never seen the production, but Alfred loved it so much, he asked his friend Ivan to help him get here, who is also here too! It was this complicated mess, and I wish I weren't dragged into it, but I was because stupid Alfred used my stuff.

Now! Many of the people we knew close to us were trapped. We managed to snap everyone out of their trance except one person.

Francis...

I didn't know what type of person he was brainwashed to be since this world came from Alfred's mind, so...I asked that we wait to get him. I figured he could be worse than a dick here.

After snapping Yao out of it, he told us of a king that ruled the land and was having a ball to which only nobility was invited. Luckily, with a few tricks up my sleeve, I was able to devise a perfect plan to sneak in, and we could try and talk to him.

"Now, any more questions before we go in?" I asked. Everyone shook their heads at me, and I nodded. There was quite a bit of us. Alfred, me, Matthew, Ivan, and Yao.  "No!" They all spoke in unison. I nodded at their response and held the door open for all of them to walk inside.

The music playing was music from the nutcracker...it was Waltz of the Flowers. Any idiot could recognize the more popular pieces from the production. "We need to find out where he is!" I spoke. I tried looking around, but it was hard to see past everyone.

I was sure that all of these other people were trapped too, but Alfred did not know them personally, so we could not do anything about it.

Everyone danced in sync, and the five of us stood in the corner like idiots. "Really, Alfred? He had to be the King? You could have made him a servant or something?" Matthew asked, annoyed. I must agree that it was bothersome, but we had to stay focused.

"Who is going to talk to him if we find him?" Ivan asked. He grabbed a drink off the tray and continued to look around. "I can try to do it!" Yao spoke.

"What? You are volunteering?" Alfred asked. "yeah, why not? It shouldn't be that hard," he laughed. Thank god he agreed; I did not want to be voluntold to do anything. I was here for moral support at this point.

As the music began to speed up and the people danced faster, I felt myself swaying to the pretty music. "Oh, I think that's him," Alfred spoke, shocked. Everyone turned our heads to where he was looking, and to no surprise, he was right. Francis was standing at the front with a very fancy-looking outfit on.

He looked very handsome, but I didn't care for his looks too often. His personality was also troublesome if I was going, to be honest. "I got this!" Yao spoke. He put his drink down and gave us a thumbs-up, which we did the same back.

This was either going to go really well or really bad.

Francis and I had a complicated relationship...and I don't say that romantically...I say that in a very confusing way of if he and I were considered friends. I mean, did we fight a lot? Yeah, but was I going to leave him here to perish? No!