Falling

Summary:

Kirari decides to let Mary and Ririka join her and Sayaka during their anniversary.

"I am not jumping off this thing," Mary said.

"Thing? This is a beautiful work of art," Kirari said as she caressed her wife's cheek. "Though not as beautiful as you, of course," she whispered in Sayaka's ear. "You, my darling, are a masterpiece."

"Please take your flirting somewhere else," Mary groaned. "Did you come here to humiliate us?"

"M-Mary," Sayaka tried. "We thought that it would be fun. I mean, it does make two people closer."

"If you want, we can push you off. After all, my beloved sister doesn't look too well," Kirari added. Ririka sat curled up on the floor, trembling. Her skin was even paler than normal, if that was even possible.

"R-R-Rari, can we not?" Ririka stammered fearfully.

"Hm," Kirari said as she advanced towards her sister and knelt down. She leaned her forehead against Ririka's. "If you're scared, you can be me. But don't lose your true self in the process. Channel my confidence, but still be you."

Ririka closed her eyes and exhaled before opening them again. When she did, they glowed briefly. "Okay. Mary and I will go first."

"What?! No----Ririka!" Mary exclaimed panickedly.

"Um, we'll go first," Sayaka suggested helpfully, smiling at the grateful look that Mary shot at her.

Kirari smirked as she got up. She strode over to her lover and wrapped her arm around her waist, giving her a peck on the cheek. "Very well. Watch and learn."

She released Sayaka and watched her walk over to the open door.

Sayaka faced Kirari with a glint in her eye. "Catch me."

She leaned backwards and fell straight into open air.

Kirari followed her, opening her arms and embracing her as they fell together. Kirari moved her hand behind Sayaka's head to cushion the impact as they descended onto the field of lillies.

Ririka and Mary watched from above in awe. "They're crazy," Mary breathed in disbelief.

They landed with Sayaka in Kirari's arms.

The two got up and sat there, laughing. "Fun, wasn't it? I still remember how anxious you were when we first did it," Kirari said.

Sayaka blushed furiously and buried her head in her wife's shoulder. "Don't tease me."

Kirari hummed and kissed the top of her head.

They sat there together for a while before making way for Ririka and Mary.

"I'll catch you, Mary," Ririka said. "But you'll have to fall backwards."

*****

Mary let out a huge shriek as she tumbled through the air. Her eyes shot up to the full moon in the dark canvas above, accompanied by small stars. A wave of calm washed over her. So this was how it felt. No wonder those two enjoyed it so much.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a squeal as Ririka jumped out after her. She crashed onto Mary, causing them to flip midair. Mary was now on top of Ririka.

"S-Sorry!" Ririka squeaked as she shut her eyes in fear.

They too fell into a field of lillies.

Ririka opened her eyes to see Kirari standing over her. Her twin sister smirked amusedly. "So? Fun? Exciting?"

Mary spit out a few petals in response.

Sayaka covered her mouth with her hand. "Oh my."

"Yeah, it was fun," the blond-haired girl admitted. "It was quite peaceful, looking up."

"My, my, I certainly didn't expect you to be the one to appreciate it," Kirari teased. "But if you two wish to do it again, I'm afraid you'll have to build your own tower in Ririka's garden. And it can't be the same as the one I built. After all, its uniqueness is for my lily alone." She kissed the side of Sayaka's neck before embracing her, making the dark-haired girl turn even redder.

Meanwhile, Mary and Ririka got up. "Do you want to build our own tower, maybe?" Mary asked.

She did not expect to be answered with a kiss to her cheek. "I would like to," Ririka replied, her eyes shining with passion.

"The falling means something you know," Kirari said. "No matter what happens, I'll always be there to catch Sayaka. To protect her."

"You know, you can be quite romantic," Mary snorted.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!"