AU

Summary:

this might be a short one, sorry :/

Sayaka hissed as Kirari applied pressure to the wounds on her wings. She fisted the blanket in pain as she struggled not to move away.

"I told you to fight back," Kirari murmured as she finished healing the bullet wounds. She took her wife into her arms, gazing at her worriedly.

"Angels are supposed to protect humans, Kirari. Not hurt them," Sayaka said, wincing as she shifted closer to her wife.

"Hm. And look what that mindset cost you."

Sayaka didn't have an answer to that.

She replied after a while. "I'm sorry," she whispered, looking down.

Kirari kissed her cheek. "You have nothing to be sorry for, my darling. Just promise me that if you won't fight them, you'll be more careful and stay close to me. You know I wouldn't be able to bear it if anything happened to you." She caressed Sayaka's face tenderly.

Sayaka smiled as she leaned down on Kirari's shoulder. "I promise."

Kirari chuckled. "I wonder what the humans must have been thinking, hm? A Demon and Angel together."

"They barely had time to think. You wiped them out the moment those bullets pierced my wings."

"Right."

They lay down on their bed, with Kirari's arms around Sayaka and Sayaka's wings wrapped around them both.

'My lily. I will protect you and be with you till' the end of time. No more harm will come to you as long as I am here,' Kirari thought as she inhaled in her wife's scent. "I love you so much, Sayaka," she muttered quietly, smiling at the way Sayaka mumbled the same words back before going back to sleep.