Chapter 8 (Jones family)

Leila looked outside the window as the car stopped. The place looked like some prestigious hotel. It was widespread in huge area. The paparazzi was surrounding the area near entrance. Their whole focus was on her family's cars.

"Wait here for a moment." Xavier said and he stepped out first. He rounded the corner with three guards behind him. He opened the door of Leila's side and extended his hand forward.

Leila gave her hand to him and he slowly helped her out. Leila winced as the flash of cameras hit her eyes. Xavier shielded her body with his to avoid her being expose to the cameras.

"Carlo! Angelo!" Xavier with a clenched jaw, pointed at something. Leila patiently waited while leaning back to the car as Carlo and Angelo took Xavier's place. It wasn't something that Leila was dealing for the first time.

She stared at the ground, her ears hardly picking Carlo and Angelo's murmuring to each other. Soon Xavier returned with Lucien, Vincent, Antonio and Zach. Lucien was grinning maniacally and if Leila wasn't wrong, she noticed blood on his knuckles. Ofcourse he managed to get into another fight on the way here.

Antonio and Zach were having hard time suppressing their laughter. Vincent the only reasonable one looked concerned. Angelo looked normal and Carlo was busy speaking with Xavier.

"No more trouble Lucien or you and I are going to have a long talk." Xavier warned Lucien who looked away shrugging.

"Let's just get over with it." Carlo spoke while giving his younger siblings a stern look that most of them ignored.

Leila was especially told to walk in the center of group along with Xavier. Her brothers were unreasonably tall and they easily blocked Leila's view from paparazzi.

Just as they entered, they were immediately greeted by a tall man who looked in his mid 50's. He gave them a smile that looked no where to be sincere.

"Ahh Xavier. I almost thought that you won't come." The man grinned like a cherish cat while acknowledging Lambordi family with a nod and hand shakes. His eyes glazed at the shortest and youngest member of the family for a moment longer.

Xavier and his brothers just shook his hand back mildly uninterested.

"Albert Jones." Leila looked at the male again. Jones family. She reminisced the name.

Jones family was considered somewhat important. Though they were not really at level of Silas or King family but still they had a huge reputation. In Jones family, it was only Albert. His wife died long ago back due to some serious heart problem.

"It's a pleasant surprise to see the whole Lambordi family at one place and if I'm not wrong, this young lady must be the youngest and mysterious Leila. Your little sister."

Leila shrink to herself at the attention. Albert took steps to approach her while extending his hand forward.

"I must say that you look exactly like your mother. Beautiful and gentle." Being polite, Leila shook his hand. But she felt uncomfortable when he started to caress her skin with his rough hand. Leila tried to carefully and slowly pull her hand away without being sounding rude. But Albert kept holding it while staring at Leila's face.

Albert coughed awkwardly when he felt glares boring into his body from all four direction.

"Let go of her, old man." Lucien was the one to break the silence. He sounded cold and calm that was totally unexpected coming from his reckless character.

Albert laughed it off and left Leila's hand who cradled it to her chest while looking away.

"We should head inside right. Guests all must be waiting for me. Please follow me." Albert started walking forward with the Lambordi family behind him.

Leila noticed something strange in aura of her brothers. They looked angry. Leila should be feeling nice that they were being overprotective for her instead she felt scared. This party is sure not going to end well- something was telling her.

I hope you like the double updates. Give these chapters a star if you did

Get early access up to 25 chapters on Patreon. Link's in my profile...