Chapter 9

Leila Lambordi felt dozens of eyes boring into her. It was something that she was used to. However, today she was concerned. Unfortunately King's family was also present here. The atmosphere was tense. Leila could only assume that by the end of this night, a fight was bound to break out.

In King's family, there were Mr and Mrs King: Gilbert and Helena. Their three sons. The oldest Francesco who was of same age as Carlo, the middle son Andre who was of Antonio's age and in last Alexander, 16 and in the same school and class as Leila.

Next there was Silas family who were great allies with both King and Lambordi family. There was their father, the head of the family, Aurelio and his second wife Jennet, his two sons, Ace who was of same age as Angelo and there was Adriano, his stepbrother, who goes to the same school as Leila and Alexander. Even though and Adriano were stepbrothers, their bond was much stronger than anything. Silas family became third most prestigious family due to their sharp, cunning brains and business tactics.  

Leila was mostly happy to meet her school's principal Jordan Smith and his family there. He had two most adorable adopted daughters who were 6 year old, Emma and Ella and there was Jordan's wife Gwen.

Xavier allowed Leila to spend her time with Smith's family because she was most comfortable with them but he ordered his brothers to always keep an eye on Leila in case she got into some trouble. He didn't want to take risk mostly due to King family's presence there.

Francesco King and Andre King were sitting together at the bar and having drinks. Suddenly Andre's eyes fell on Leila who was holding Emma in her arms.

"Isn't this that girl?" Andre asked curious. Francesco followed his gaze and at this time Alexander joined them. He was also busy looking at Leila who was listening to Emma and Ella's adorable speech they both prepared for parents day at their school.

"I can't bear seeing her smiling so carefree." Alexander gritted.

"Relax. Now she's back. You will get many chances to remove this smile off her face." Francesco said calmly.

"But you have gotta agree she has grown up well." There was a typical emotion running in Andre's eyes. Alexander laughed at that and Francesco smirked.

"This just add up the fun." Alexander commented.

Angelo's fists clenched at the words he overheard. But Carlo placed his hand over his shoulder.

"Keep calm. Now's not the time to pay attention to this. But it doesn't mean we are going to ignore it, we will get them soon for this."

****************

"Leila has really grown up well. She just looks like Sofia." Mrs. Jennet smiled while staring at Leila with awe in her eyes. Aurelio only nodded while watching his 'daughter like figure' with a soft smile. Leila's parents were really close friends to them. They all had gone to the same school where their younger generations are studying now.

Aurelio remembered the moment perfectly when Sofia announced that she was finally pregnant with a girl. She'd named Jennet and Aurelio her godparents. Those days were still precious to Aurelio's heart. He thought with another soft smile.

****************

Leila soon left to join her brothers when Angelo brought her to the private meeting room. So this event was called upon to sign some important deal. It was usual but she was confused why she was called upon here. Her brothers kept her at the distance from their business.

She was a little surprised to find King family and Silas family also present in this huge meeting hall. Albert was sitting at the head of the table.

He looked at her with his usual cherish grin. Leila looked away from him uncomfortably. Aurelio raised his brow catching the certain glint in Albert's stare. His fists slightly clenched.

Albert returned his gaze back to Xavier who was already staring at him blankly.

"Why does this deal concern my sister? I still can't seem to understand."

'Me?' Leila thought confused.

"Well I have a suggestion that was keep circling in my mind from many years but now that I think about it, it is the right time to voice out my thoughts." Albert said while folding his hands in front of him.

"Just spit it out already." Ace said in an annoyed tone that might rival Zach.

It's been a while but I'm back to writing now... It is not likely that I will go on another break soon....:)

Get access upto 28 chapters of The Missing Piece on Patreon.... Link is in my profile....