Chapter 15 and 16 (Blaming and hurting)

"Leila...We are here." Angelo's voice shook Leila out of her daydreams. She nodded slowly and grabbed the bouquet.

"C-can I get f-few minutes?" Her small voice shook. Angelo just let out a hum of understanding and opened the door for her.

She slid out of the car and made her way towards the familiar black metal doors. Angelo stood silently, leaning against the car and watched his sister as she walked out from his sight.

He let out a small sigh and lit a cigarette.

Leila's mind was complete blank, only thing she could notice that her feet were leading her to a familiar pathway.

Her breath hitched as her eyes made contact with Adriano Silas. In his hands, there was a bouquet of black roses same like Leila.

He ignored Leila's stare and placed the bouquet down. He stood there for a complete minute in silence with his hands shoved in his pockets. His eyes remained staring at the name embedded on the stone.

L A U R A    B R O O K E

Silently, he turned around and walked past a stunned Leila. A guilt crushed her heart at the new discovery and a small sob escaped her lips.

Adriano froze.

"It was her own decision. You shouldn't blame yourself and hurt yourself continuously. It will give her pain too." He whispered and placed his hand over Leila's trembling shoulder and gave it a small squeeze.

With that, he walked out from there. At the same moment, Leila dropped down on her knees and she placed the bouquet of her black roses beside Adriano's.

She looked at the stone and let another tear roll down her cheek.

"It's been four years now." She whispered.

"I'm not gonna lie, I terribly miss you. I wish I knew what you had been going through at that time, maybe I could have helped. But I-I was ignorant. This regret is tearing me apart, Laura. I feel like something is crushing me, suffocating me by every second. I need y-you. I really need you. Why did you have to go? Just why?"

Leila burst in tears. A harsh blow of wind brushed her body making her hair fly.

"I w-want to be mad at you. I want to yell at you and s-scream at y-you. But I can't. I r-really c-can't."

She cried silently as small droplets of rain started falling on top of her. She didn't move a inch just kept crying as the rain got harsh and heavier.

Leila felt a presence behind her that made her stiffen.

"Rain's getting heavier. We should go." Angelo said.

She sniffled and stood up slowly. Angelo took a hold of her hand and started to lead her out of there.

One last time, she glanced back, her eyes caught a glimpse of a small figure near the stone. Leila frowned slightly.

She rubbed on her eyes and tried to look again. The rain was only making it harder to look but there was no-one now. She tried to look around in search of that figure but there was nothing and Angelo was already leading her out of the doors.

He opened the door of car letting her get in first and got in the driver seat.

As he started driving, Leila leaned her head against the window and watched the rain falling outside. She didn't even notice when her eyes started closing.

______******______

"Laura! What are you doing up here? Get down or you will get hurt." Leila said in confusion and worry. Laura slowly turned to look back at her and gave her bestfriend a little smile.