Chapter 11 (Friend)

Leila Lambordi was never the one to pay attention to the growing arguments or fights around her. But when her name was dragged in the conversation, she could not help but stop in the middle of her tracks.

"The seemingly innocent looking Leila Lambordi at the end of the day is not that much innocent after all!" The one black haired girl in Julia's group of three said loudly.

"What do you mean Oliya?" Julia asked loud enough to reach Leila and everyone's ears.

"Don't you know about Jones's party last night?" Oliya taunted. Julia raised her brow. Ofcourse, she knows. The news spread fast.

Jones family's only member Albert was killed by Lambordi family members but why, the reason was classified.

"Rumours are Leila was caught in Albert's arms doing shameless deeds--" Leila cringed and many gasped.

--in rage, her brothers killed him. Angelo Lambordi was seen taking her out of there first. Then, her brothers left after sometime covered with Albert's blood." Oliya said smugly.

Whispers erupted through the whole hallway. Alexander King was watching everything while standing between his group at the far corner.

When he noticed tears forming in Leila's eyes, the satisfaction he felt was beyond any limits. He smirked.

Leila simply walked out from there but as soon she did, Adriano's voice loudly rang in the air.

"Spreading false rumours won't do anything good to you, Oliya. Whatever you said was never happened there. I can assure you I was present there the whole time."

Alexander gritted his teeth in annoyance.

"If Lambordi brothers find out about the rumours you are spreading about their little sister, they won't spare anyone. I observed something last night, they have become insanely overprotective over Leila and every person who tried to harm her will be butchered in the same way as Albert. So keep in mind with whom you are meddling with."

Adriano warned one last time and walked away followed by his group of friends. Now there was just fearful silence lingering in the hallway. Ofcourse, no one wanted to face this particular family's wrath.

"You tried to bully Leila indirectly but instead you managed to make fun of yourself in front of everyone." Julia chuckled.

Oliya smiled bitterly and clenched her fists.

"I will get that little bitch soon." She gritted under her breath.

Julia who managed to hear her only shook her head in disapproval. As Adriano said, meddling with the precious member of the most dangerous family of the country is not a good thing. Julia was smarter than Oliya and she knows keeping her distance from Leila was the only best thing.

****************

Leila sat down at the front desk of her classroom. She was gazing down at her book but her thoughts were engulfed in something else. The rumours were not that really bothered her because it was nothing new. But she really wanted to come close with her classmates, to get some normal friends but it seemed impossible.

There was no way Leila was going to approach anyone of them now. Leila sighed and rubbed her face with her hands.

Looks like she will remain friendless this year or maybe her entire life.

Students started entering and soon Alexander arrived too. While passing her desk, he 'accidentally' pushed her books to the ground.

Leila looked up at him and they both stared at each other for a moment.

She was about to crouch down to pick them up from near his feet but someone beat her to it.

Leila looked up confused. It was some girl of her class. She ignored Alexander's glare and passed the books to Leila with a small smile on her face.

"Here you go, Ms. Leila." Leila was little startled but she grabbed it from her while giving a small confused smile back.

"I'm Samantha." She introduced herself and went back to her seat.

Alexander let out a tch and moved to the back of the classroom but not before giving a glare to Leila. The said person only stared back at him blankly but then diverted her attention to the front when their teacher arrived.