CH 1 My Life

Avery's POV-- Sexy ass Memphis pictured above.

There is some annoying mechanic show on the TV while I'm trying to relax on the couch. Why don't I change the TV you wonder, well that would be because this is my brother Adrain's house so if wants to watch a stupid show he will, as he so kindly told me an hour ago. I'm board out of my mind waiting for Mischa to come home from the dance studio and save me from my oaf of brother.

I'm brought out of my boredom by my brothers voice. "You know you don't live here right? And that I like alone time with my boyfriend right?" I scoff and roll my eyes. "Of course D. But come on don't you remember what it's like to live at mom and dads cut me some slack dude."

I give my best puppy dog eyes that my brother Angel falls for them every time, but not Adrain. My brother just shakes his head at me and resumes watching his show. I get up and go into the kitchen because I'm starving and start looking through his fridge for the second time in ten minutes. Man there is nothing to eat here, I should probably go grab something at the diner but I hate eating alone. I pull out my phone and start texting some of my friends to see what everyone is up too.

Before I get any answers I hear the front door open and close. "Honey I'm home." I hear Mischa call out in a teasing tone. I walk into the entry way where Mischa is taking off his shoes. I look at him and pout. "And what took you so long to get home? Your classes were over an hour ago."

Mischa straightens up and laughs at me. "Well mom I wanted to stay after and dance for fun is that ok with you?" I sigh dramatically. "Fine fine just take me to eat I'm starving and you don't have anything to eat in this whole house!How do you guys survive here."

Adrain walks up and kisses Mischa and I make a fake gagging sound at their display of affection. "Ok maybe I lost my appetite." Adrain pulls back from Mischa's mouth. "Good Avery maybe you can go do something else then and give me some quality alone time with my boyfriend." I laugh when Mischa pinches D's bicep. "Be nice to your brother Adrain or you won't be getting any quality time with me. Got it mister."

I feel my phone vibrate and look at my texts. "Actually Mischa don't worry about it, I'm going to go out tonight and don't worry D I will go to my own home tonight." I put on my shoes and hug Mischa goodbye and flip off my brother as I walk out to my car.

I get in my Toyota and head for the diner. I love turning up my music and get lost in the melody as I drive. When I park in the parking lot it looks a little busy but I walk in anyways. I see Memphis sitting at a both with another guy so I go sit on his side of the booth. "Hey boys what are you guys doing this evening?" I smile at both men.

Memphis takes a sip of his soda. "Not much little man. What are you up to?" I love the way Memphis' eyes crinkle when he smiles wide, I have to force myself to look away from his deep blue eyes. "Trying to find some trouble to get into." I look across the booth at Memphis' companion he is what I would describe as a twink with dull brown hair and brown eyes nothing special but not ugly just average."Hey I'm Avery nice to meet you."

The guy grumbles. "Hey, Adam nice to meet you." I glance back at Memphis. "Have you guys ordered yet?" Memphis puts his arm on the back of the booth skimming my neck and a shiver runs down my spine. "Naw little man I was waiting on you." I beam up at him I just love his sexy Texan draw when he talks I have to force my eyes away again. "Good I'm starving."

The waitress comes and takes our orders and Adam is all grumpy when he orders. I give Memphis a look and he shakes his head like, I don't know what the fuck his problem is. Memphis and I debate on whether or not Gas Monkey Garage is an annoying show or not.

"Memphis I swear my brother watches it on a loop just to annoy me." Memphis sips his soda. "I'm sure your just reading into it Avery, D isn't like that. Well anymore, Mischa keeps him on the straight and narrow as much as D can be on the straight and narrow anyways." I laugh. "You just wait, I will invite you over one night just so you can see for yourself how obsessed he is with that stupid show. He should be a mechanic not an athletic trainer."