CH 5 Working Man

Avery's POV-- Memphis Welding

I walk around the model home trying to visualize what my dream home would look like. I have been on the job for a week and I'm finally out of the office for my first assignment. I grab my sketch pad and start drawing out some different ideas for each room. I have to resize some things because I learned from Memphis that we make smaller sized furniture for model homes so they look bigger and roomier. (This is true)

I start picking color palettes for each room and have a finished conceptual design in under an hour. I pack up my supplies and head back to the office to start on getting everything I will need brought over so I can stage the house perfectly for perspective buyers. I'm surprised at how easy and quick this job came together I thought this being my first job it would take forever and I would get over whelmed. But it turns out I stressed out for no reason this was easy and fun. 

As I drive my phone goes off and I have to let go to voicemail because it's in my messenger bag. I really hope it was the guy Evan I met at Privilege last night. He said he would call when he left this morning. He was so handsome tall with black hair and striking blue eyes I couldn't believe he hit on me last night. Then he surprised me this morning before he left he sweetly kissed my cheek and said he would call me. I have been on cloud nine all day from it.

I pull up to the office and reach for my bag and rummage through it until I pull out my phone. I'm disappointed it's only a missed call from Angel damn it. I get out of the car with my bag and call Angel back as I walk to my very own office. Angel answers just as I sit at my desk. "Hey Aves how is the new job going? I just wanted to check in on you and let you know if you want to stop by tomorrow my god son will be here for you to visit."

I sigh. "Ok Chacho you don't have to rub it in that Grey choose you over me to be Henley's GodFather. I'm still going to spoil him no matter what he is my nephew. Because I don't think anyone else will ever have kids. Maybe Alex and Haylee one day."

Angel laughs. "Sorry baby brother I'm still on cloud nine that Grey and Blaine asked me to be baby Henley's Nino all though they haven't told me who his other god parent will be. Maybe a women so the poor kid can have some kind of women influence. Anyways see you tomorrow." I say "yeah yeah" and hang up.

I start up my computer and start in putting my work order for what I will need to make my sketch come to life for the model home. Once I'm done it's getting close to four o'clock so I decide to go find Memphis. I walk to the shop that's on the same property as the office and make my way towards Memphis' hulking frame. Even with all his gear on I can tell it's him just by the way he stands.

Memphis sees me coming and turns off his torch and pops up his welding hat. "What's up little man how did your first day in the field go?" I look at the ornate iron bed frame Memphis is making and run my hand along the edge. "Really good I'm excited to get to decorate a whole house on my own. I know it was a big step for your Aunt to let me go out all on my own but I'm going to prove to her she was justified in hiring me."

Memphis sets the torch back on its cart. "Don't touch it, it's still hot silly and don't worry to much about it little man Aunt Shirley knows you were a wise hire just do your best and she will be happy." I look at the bed frame some more envisioning it in the master bedroom of the model home. "Hey is this a special order or do you think I can steal it for my model?"

Memphis laughs. "Naw just something I was tinkering with, I will make sure it's done on Monday so they can take it on the truck with the rest of your request." I hug Memphis and let out a very manly squeal. "Awe thanks Meme your the best. I'm going to go clean up and shut my computer down for the weekend talk to ya later."

I wave as Memphis pulls his welding hat back on and picks up his torch shoeing me away. I stop in Shirley's office on my way out for the evening after my desk is cleaned of all the paperwork and drawings I had laying out. "Hey Aunt Shirley I'm all done for the week did you get a chance to go through my work order for the model home?"