CH 7 My heart

Avery's POV--

Shout out to tacho17 and campbell1610 your comments are always inspiring.

I lay in bed panting from the kiss Memphis just laid on me. My mind is going a hundred miles a minute. What was that? Why did he just kiss me like that, like a lover. I rub my lips waiting for Memphis to answer my question. He just stares at me so I say it again. "What was that?"

Memphis starts making wild hand gestures ."You..I...Know... Stupid Lane.." I can't help but laugh at Memphis, he is so hopeless I sit up on my knees and grab his hand and pull me back on the bed. "Its ok Meme just tell me what your thinking and why you kissed me like that."

Memphis relaxes somewhat and takes a deep breath. "Oh ok, I have been thinking....ever since Lane said... what he said about our relationship. I think he might be right." I take in a shaky breath as my heart cracks a little because Lane said we were dysfunctional but I try not to show it. "Ok but that doesn't explain why you kissed me."

Memphis grabs my hand and looks at me. "I think he was right, I think we are more than friends and I'm thinking I want to be more than friends with you."

I sigh and hang my head. "Memphis I know you better than anyone. I know what being more than friends entails and it's bad enough when strangers don't call me the day after, if you did that to me it would destroy me."

Memphis squeezes my hand. "No, no Avery I love you. I would never treat you like a conquest. When we are together I spend my time doing what ever will make you happy regardless of my plans, I drop everything for you and I always will. I want to date you and spend everyday with you, I want to really be with you and yes that means intimately one day but I will wine and dine you I will pull all the stops because that's what you deserve."

I pull my hand out of Memphis' grasp and slip off the bed. I step into my shoes before looking back. "Memphis I don't know if I could handle it if things went wrong between us. Your the one I come to and you make everything better when some asshole breaks my heart. What am I going to do when your the one breaking my heart. I'm sorry but I need time to think."

Memphis rubs his temples but gets up and kisses my forehead. "Ok little man just know I mean it when I say I would do anything for you." Memphis kisses my lips again and I don't know if this will be the last time so I grab his face and control the kiss. I deepen it running my tongue in his mouth kissing him with everything I have. I pull back."Wow."

Memphis chuckles and walks me to the door. I leave with a hesitant little wave and jump into the safety of my car. All I can think as I drive home is what if Memphis is wrong about his feelings. I don't know if I can be just another notch on an already crowded headboard. (credit for that lovely one liner to campbell1610 I love you)

I decide against going home and drive straight to Mischa and Adrain's condo. When I finally get there my mind is still reeling so I walk up and knock on front door. Mischa answers the door with a worried look. "What's the matter Avery why did you knock?" I look around in a daze. "I'm not sure." Mischa laughs as we hear D shout. "Who is it Mika?"

We both walk into the living room and sit with D on the couch of course he is watching Gas Monkey Garage but I don't complain. D glanced at me. "Hey." I look at Mischa and he throws his arm around my waist cuddling me close. "What's wrong Aves you look so pitiful and sad I'm not even sure what to do."

I sigh and snuggle closer. "Memphis kissed me." I leave the statement hanging. I see D's eyes widen in shock and Mischa sighs into my hair. "Ok that's ok does he like you? Or was it a heat of the moment kiss?" I shake my head. "He said he loved me and wanted to wine and dine me and I think he might of meant it too......But I know Memphis better than anyone and I don't know how long he would be able to keep it up before he was chasing ass again. It would kill me if he did. I don't know if I could handle the pain on top of that we work together if things go to shit work would be miserable."  It to mention my life.