CH 16 Moving On

Avery's POV-- photo credit @grimkitty06

I stare at my closet looking at all my different clothing trying to find something to wear for my date. I still can't believe I said yes to a date, but it's time. I need to move on I'm sure Memphis wasted no time fucking some twink at Previlge as soon as he got home. Plus I feel like if I take this step it really is closing the door on our relaionship.

I given myself a month to morun our failed coupling but I still feel my heart race everytime I catch a glimpse of Memphis at work. I still feel that twinge of want when he looks at me and I need to kill these lingering feelings. In the beginning I thought if I avoided him I would somehow magically forget how good we where together for those all to short months we managed to have magic."

I can't belive we were only boyfriends for almost three months. I feel like it was so much longer but our five year friendship that predates the relationship makes it's hard to remember it was such a short time. I constantly have to tell myself to forget about Memphis because so many little things make me think of him. I feel like the universe is against me, I swear I have seen more men in cowboy hats in the last month than I have in my entire lifetime.

I shake my thoughts and finally decide on an outfit. Some grey skinny jeans and white v-neck will do for bowling. I smile a little at the memory of Davis asking me out. Last week I was at the book store and was trying to reach a book that was on the top shelf. I was standing on my tip toes just to brush my fingers across it when I felt a hard body come up behind me and a big hand brushed mine and pulled my book down.

I spun around and looked up at Mr. Tall dark and handsome. "Thanks." He smiled down at me and he a had a single dimple in his right cheek. "No problem. My names Davis nice to meet you." I reached for his hand and he rubbed my hand with his thumb and I swear I swooned."Avery."

"Umm I like that it fits you perfect. Are you single Avery?" I almost swallowed my tongue that this handsome man was actually asking me out. I couldn't help but compare him to Memphis as we stood there. He was tall like Memphis but other than that he was his complete opposite. Davis has dark hair and darker eyes with a biker bad ass look I wasn't sold on date but I gave him my number.

Davis was relentless with trying to swoon me he called and texted and begged and after a week of my brothers pressuring me I finally caved and let Davis take me on a date. When he called and asked I think I shocked him by saying yes but we made plans to meet at the bowling alley tonight at eight before he asked if I was serious and what changed. I didn't have an answer so I told him i could always change my mind and say no later he just laughed it off but up until an hour ago it was a real possibility.

I look in the mirror on my way out the door and walk through the kitchen and kiss my mom goodbye. "Bye mom don't wait up." My mom shakes her head. " I really wish you wouldn't do this Avery. It's too soon your not over Memphis and that's not fair to this new guy. I don't care what your brothers are saying I don't agree with this."

I sigh. "Mom I don't want to be late can we do this later." My mom throws her hands in the air. "Fine Avery but I warned you. I'm your mother and I know you better than anyone else when you get hurt you lash out and run. I think that's what you did to Memphis. He hurt you so you lashed out at him and ran. So just please be carefull ok."

I walk out of the house without answering and jump into my car and head towards the bowling alley. Aww I need to move out so bad now that I have my job and some savings I should go look at apartments soon. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve so I will have to wait until sometime next week before I make any appointments.

I park at ten minutes to eight and go inside. I look around and see Davis sitting at lane tieing his bowling shoes so I walk over to him. He looks me up and down. "Damn you look good Avery." I look down. "Thanks you look good too." He stands up and we hug akwardly. "Come on let's go get your shoes I wasn't sure your size."