Chapter 25: Planning

"I hope Kion gets through to himself, Rani seems like a nice lioness, I don't want her to leave him because he won't give her cubs," Simba said panicked. "I don't think Rani would leave him," Ananda replied, "Nope, wait I do, that's what all lionesses do." "Kion better grow some guts," Sahasi said. "Normally, I'd kill any lion who said that, but you are 100 percent correct," Simba replied. "How old is Kion again?" Sahasi asked. "16, he will be 17 in a week," Nala said. "Yep, he is definitely old enough, wait, A WEEK!" Ananda shouted, "We need to celebrate!" "Yes we should! We haven't been able to celebrate his birthday ever since he became leader of the Lion Guard," Nala said. "Then this has to be the best one ever, and we will need Rani for help," Sahasi said. Everyone nodded. They all went their separate ways.

Kion ran away in embarrassment. "I'm not ready for cubs yet, I hope Rani understands," Kion whispered to himself. He sat by a lake. "Why am I not ready, I don't want Rani to leave me," Kion sighed.

"So what are we doing first?" Rani asked. "I don't know, what's fun here?" Kiara asked. "Let's slide down the snow!" Rani suggested. But they were stopped by a voice, "No your not, your going to help us get ready ready Kion's birthday," Nala said. "Kion's birthday?" Rani raised an eyebrow. "Yeah it's next week, he will be 17," Nala replied. Rani jumped for joy, "Let's get going then!" They ran back to everyone.

They all dipped their paws in paint, and made beautiful pawprints everywhere, on the ground, on rocks, and on the trees. Birds came and spread flower petals. "Ok, we need to keep Kion from this forest area untill his birthday," Ananda said. Everyone nodded. "I can't wait," Rani smiled. They all went to sleep, and Rani went to get Kion to join her in the tree.

Kion and Rani went into the tree, and fell asleep on the rock. Rani was dreaming about Kion's reaction to the party. She smiled.

Ananda and Sahasi decided to let Rani and Kion sleep in the tree, because they are going to retire King and Queen, and pass it to them as soon as they get married. They went to another den.