um

Amelie

"you're serious?!" i exclaimed through the phone talking to my brother, Cristiano.
he called me up to tell me he's coming to visit me next month which made me jump in excitement as i haven't seen him for a while.
He goes back home to Portugal a lot but he barely visits me since i live in Spain, so this is big news for me.

"bro you've got to hook me up with him!" my friend Leticia, said as he over heard my conversation.
"in your dreams girl, he's in a happy and healthy relationship , i've said this over and over."
"so?"
i simply rolled my eyes and went back to eating my lunch.

"you're still down to going to the game Saturday?" she asked.

"game? what game?" i seriously had no idea of what she was talking about.

"seriously Amelie? i've been talking about it! the Atlético v. Barça?"

oh..

"do we have to?" i whined not wanting to go at all.
"yes we do, you know how i'm gonna shoot my shot."

oh yeah, i forgot the fact that she has a crush on half of the team.

"i'm only going for you, not because i enjoy it."

>>

i now sat in my room contemplating if i should i actually go to that game.
the one day i get off of work and i spend it like this. it sucks.

the main reason i don't want to go is because of him, João.
he knows how to get under my skin and how to push my buttons.
ever since i first met him during Portugal's practice, he's been like this.
obviously i return the energy back which is why i know his ego will burst when he thinks i'm here supporting his team.

then an idea popped into my head as i searched for my closet. found it!

i had a Barça shirt that i had been gifted by one of the directors or some shit.
i never really wore it since my brother used to play for Madrid, but i doubt he cares now.
i looked at myself in the mirror satisfied with how i looked.
João is gonna love this one.

>>

"you are really too much. why don't y'all just like make out and be happy?" Leticia said as she looked at my shirt.

"make out? please i prefer slamming my head in a door. never happening, either way, he's fun to annoy."

"yeah sure that's why.."

we sat down in our seats in the stadium which we came almost late since someone ran out of gas.

as the match started i got more involved that i thought.
i kept shouting and jumping, wanting Barça to win so bad so João doesn't have to rub it in my face.

João came out after halftime making me groan as he then scored not even five minutes after being in.
i sighed and sat down in my seat. the clock hit 86' knowing Atlético is gonna win.
i then heard a cheering from the crowd making me look at the big screen realizing me and Leticia were on it.
i didn't know what do put on the spot like this so i just smiled and waved awkwardly making Leticia chuckle.
thankfully the camera switched to the game fast enough.

"did i tell you that we get to go meet the players?" Leticia suddenly said making me look at her wide-eyed.

"why in the world would i like that?"

"you know i do! since you're a celebrity and all, they gave us these passes for free."

"no Leticia, you're going alone ."

"come on Amelie! i don't want to go alone, please..." she kept whining and whining which led to me eventually saying yes just so she can just shut up.

the game soon ended in a predictable 1-0.
Leticia grabbed my hand and pretty much zoomed through the crowds of people to the back rooms, i simply followed behind her.
just as he was greeting some of the players i obviously had to bump into someone.
lord please tell me it's not João...

"oh my bad, i wasn't looking where i was going." yup definitely not him.

matter fact, he was cute, really cute.
i'm not a football fan so i don't really recognize him or his name, but i'll go along with it.

"no worries, you're good." he also had a Barça shirt on, how ironic.

"you're Amelie right? i see you in commercials a lot. i'm Gavi by the way." he said shaking my hand.
he's hot.
"yup that's me, you're a Barça player right?"

"isn't obvious?" he chuckled at my dumb question. no shit Amelie.
"it was nice talking to you maybe i could-"

"look who's here.." a voice said behind me, dreading to turn and face him.
of flicking course he had to ruin the moment.
i realized that Gavi had already left, now leaving me curious on what he wanted to ask me.

"could you please not talk to me?"
he smirked and came closer to where i was.
"nice shirt, but you look like a sore loser right now Amelie."
i rolled my eyes. he's always competing about something every time.
"João, i could careless about football, i simply don't like your team."

"well you must care enough to go out of your way and wear another team's shirt just to get a reaction out of me."

"please, you act as if you work so hard, like you don't just kick balls for a living."

"you cannot be talking, all you do is walk and pose on runways." he laughed in my face, i just squinted my eyes in anger.

"i would-"

"oh, i gotta go, my girlfriend's waiting for me, you know since i actually have a love life, not like somebody." he said before getting out of my sight.
i cursed under my breath.
a very clear reason why i didn't want to come.
now i gotta find where Leticia is.