New Year, New Step

No One's POV

New years was coming soon and Meru was in her room as she was scrolling through social media. She then saw that her boyfriend was trying to call her. She quickly answered, "Heeeyyy sweetie! How have you been?" (Y/N) smiled from hearing Meru's voice, "Hi honey. I've been doing fine. How are you doing today?" "I'm doing good." She then puffed her cheeks out, "But I'm still mad at you." "I'm sorry that I couldn't be with you for Christmas. But did you enjoy your gifts?" Meru's smile appeared again, "Yes I did. I enjoyed the Magic the Gatherings cards, the necklace, and the blanket. It's very cozy." "Well I'm glad that you enjoyed them." "Did you like your gifts?" "I had to open them late, but yes I enjoyed them. The hoodie and computer mouse were nice." Meru twirled a strand of her hair around her finger, "And what about the other gift~." (Y/N) blushed a little, "I very much enjoyed the special pictures of Santa." Meru giggled a little, "So when do you want to see each other again? I haven't seen you in soo long." "Its only been three weeks." "That's too long!" "How about on Lunar New Years. We can go to the festival that is happening nearby." Meru whined a little, "But that's three days from now. I wanna see you now." (Y/N) thought for a second, "I'm sorry, but I've got some very important stuff that I need to do." Okaayyy. So how have you been?"

3 Days Later

(Y/N) was outside in front of an entrance for lunar new year festival. He had been waiting for a bit until he saw Meru. He was in awe as she looked absolutely beautiful in her qipao (Look at picture above). Meru had a big smile as she quickly walked up to (Y/N) and hugged him, "I've missed hugging you so much!" (Y/N) hugged her back, "I've missed hugging you too." Meru took a step back to look up at her boyfriend, "How do I look?" "You look beautiful. I like what you did with your hair." Meru took (Y/N)'s hand with one of her's, "Thank you. Now let's hurry up and get inside the festival." (Y/N) nodded for the two to head in and begin taking part in the festivities.

The first stand that caught their attention was a game where you just had to shoot down some targets with a BB gun. Meru saw a stuffed bear as a prize for winning and showed (Y/N). Her boyfriend paid for a turn on the game to do his best. He ended up only winning a bracelet as he showed Meru the prize. He rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm sorry. That game looks a lot easier to play than it actually is." Meru took the bracelet to smile as she put it on, "I like it." She then took her lover's hand once again for the two to continue walking. The two enjoyed themselves as they played multiple games and decided to get some food. They found a table and started eating for Meru to begin talking about what they've been doing in the past three weeks, except for what (Y/N) did on Christmas. He kept that private. As they were talking Meru eyed (Y/N)'s food to ask if she could have some of his fish. He grabbed a piece with his chopsticks to give it to Meru, but stopped as he blushed due to Meru who had her mouth open in a suggestive way. When she got the fish she closed her eyes as she savored it. (Y/N) noticed that some sauce got on Meru's chin, so he grabbed a napkin and wiped it off. Meru opened her eyes for (Y/N) to pause as Meru stared at him with her cheeks puffed out a little due to the food, and she looked adorable. (Y/N) was once again perplexed as to how Meru could look sexy and then cute in the span of a minute. Meru swallowed the fish to ask, "What?" (Y/N) sat back down, "I have to ask you something in a bit." "Why don't you tell me now?" (Y/N) rubbed the back of his head, "It's really something that you talk about in private." Meru became intrigued for her tail to perk up, "Fine, but it better be good."

The two finished eating for the two to continue enjoying their time at the festival. After a while Meru's feet started to hurt, so (Y/N) picked her up and carried her on her back as he started walking her home. It was getting cold, so (Y/N) took Meruvto his home. He was currently messaging Meru's feet, after she washed them, for Meru to ask, "So what did you want to ask me?" (Y/N) seemed a little hesitant for Meru to frown as she reached down and pulled on her lover's ear, "Hey you said that you would tell me later. It's later."

(Y/N) winced a little to look back at Meru, "All right. All right." He took a deep breathe, "As I was away for Christmas I was contacted by a company that I had reached out to before. They said that they want me to come work for them." Meru's lit up as she patted his head, "That's great." She then became curious, "What about high school?" "I'm going to finish school, and the company said that they would pay for my last year." Meru smile grew, "That's great." (Y/N) hung his head a little, "But I'll have to move after school." Meru became worried, "How far?" "About four hours away." Meru's eyes widened a little, "What?" (Y/N) saw some tears starting to form in Meru's for him to ask what he wanted to ask, "So I was wondering if you wanted to move in with me. And come with me when I have to move." Tears went down Meru's cheeks as she started nodding. She was wiping away her tears for her smile to return. Her boyfriend wiped away a tear for the two to meet in a kiss. Meru did not go home that night.