Chapter 2

Taking the coffee cup from the 19 year old on duty this morning I make my way across the street towards my office.

"Hey Lauren." I greet the receptionist as I make my way towards the elevator but am unable to press my floor button because of the two coffee cups in my hand. Standing there for a few seconds I move to place the coffee cup on the floor but am interrupted by a voice calling my name.

I turn around to find Mr. Dolivo a few steps away from me.

"Let me."

"Oh no sir you d-don't have to." He just stares at my face, raising an eyebrow at me and then at the two cups in my hand making me purse lips to suppress the smile that threatens to form on my lips.

"Right." he says before moving forward and pressing the button to the elevator. We stand there for a few seconds in awkward silence as I remember the two coffee cups in my hand and offer him his black coffee with milk.

He nods at me in acknowledgement as he takes the cup from my hands, His cold fingers slightly touching my warm hands. The elevator doors open and I follow him inside and watch as the door closes in front of my eyes.

"I need you to cancel my all my meetings today. I'm only here for a few important papers today and will be going back in a few moments."

"Of course sir but there was the renewed contract papers for the central museum's reconstruction and you need to have them signed by the end of the night and there's still a few hundred words left to be typed." I say facing him completely. Sighing he says. 

"It will take you a few hours to complete them. I'll be here before six to sign the papers."

"Of course sir."

For the next few hours I get some other things while running between the sales division and the IT floor to get a minor problem solved. By the time it was three I had completely forgotten about the Contract.

Cursing myself for my absent mindedness I make my way to my office again and take off my suit Jacket and hanging it on the back of my chair. How could I forget so easily. I only have three hours left. I will be able to do it but I'm going to need to type faster if I need to be done on time. Opening the rough draft of the contract on my laptop I get to work.

After three excruciating hours of continuous typing and no lunch breaks I take out the print. Because of the extensive amount of papers it takes nearly five minutes for the printer to stop making that annoying noise. I look up at the wall to find it's already 6:15.

I frown at the clock thinking he's never late. Ever. Sighing I place the documents in a file and leave them on his desk before grabbing myself a coffee. I'll have lunch once I get home. Taking out a twenty dollar bill from the pocket of my black suit pants I give it to the kid behind the counter and tell him to keep the change before making my way back to the office across the street.

By the time i'm in my office again It's six thirty. Sipping my coffee I grab my phone and dial my bosses number. The first ring. Then the secound. Third. Fourth. He dosen't pick up. I look up at the clock again wondering where the hell this asshole went after leaving me to handle everything.

Fuck it.

I grab my jacket and handbag as I make my way to his office. I grab the file and make a phone call to Scarlet. She picks up on the second ring.

"Hey scar."

"Hey Victoria. What's up"

"I just called to tell you that don't come to pick me up today I just have to make a stop somewhere and I don't want to trouble you."