Chapter 4

I walk into my office as the white coloured walls with three different abstract paintings come into view. I always liked the calm of white, to me it always represented control and the sophisticated feeling of pojo dust.[a shade of rose gold] It's a unique colour with a unique name. I seem to be fond of those lately.

Which is why my entire office is decorated in these colours. along with the Black furniture the walls of my office were already white so all I had to do was add pojo dust touches here and there.

Leaving my hand bag on my desk I grab Mr. Dolivo's coffee cup and make my way towards his office. I haven't been able to get the picture of his panicked face when Lex started crying out of my head.

The delicate way he was holding him and how he was softly talking to him is a sight I have never even fanthomed I would see on my boss. It's a generally rare sight to see on any man.

Swiftly knocking on his door I open it after hearing the bold 'come in'.

"Sir. Your coffee." He doesn't lookup as I enter and place the cup of coffee on his desk and continue to verbally recite his time table for today.

"Ok, so you have a meeting with the construction manager and his team in an hour and some extra paperwork that needs your signature from the sales division along with a meeting to discuss some clause regarding the contract of the museum's reconstruction in four hours. There is also someone coming from the board of directors to see you from peterson international" I internally groan as I give him a polite smile when all I want to do is strangle him right now.

"Is that all Ms. Adams?"

"Yes Mr. Dolivo." He doesn't say anything else so I take it as my leave. Just as I am about to set back a few steps he says.

"Did you tell anyone about him?" I know who he's referring to and even if I wanted to tell anyone about him I couldn't because of the contract he made me sign. Never have I ever seen anyone so secretive and closed off about his personal life. At first I thought it was because of things he did or used to do but now I think I found out the real reason why.

Lex.

His son that there is no record of being anywhere on social media or any other type of news sharing platform. Not a single speck that I suspect not even their far off family knows that that sweet three year old over energetic boy exists.

"No sir." That's when he finally looks at me, really looks at me as if he is looking for a sign that I may be lying. He searches my eyes trying to intimidate me but I stand my ground. Why should I cower beneath his emerald green eyes when I have done nothing wrong.

After he is satisfied that I am not lying he nods his head at me and turns back towards his work before saying.

"Make sure it stays that way." Taking that as a dismissal I make my way back towards my office right next to his and get back to work.

Five hours later I exit the conference room with a recording of the meeting and notes on my ipad. I'm just about to enter my office when I hear someone call for me. Turning around I find Mr. Dolivo entering his office as he motions for me to follow him.

Obediently I enter his office before the door can properly close. The sight in front of me has me worried as I think of a possible reasons that could make the most stone cold man I have ever met frustrated like this.

My boss has taken off his jaket and his hair looks disheveled like he's run his hands through it multiple times. I have never seen a man look so hot with hair a mess as big as my room when i'm in a bad mood but boy does he pull it off with his sharp jawline and emerald green eyes.

I didn't realize I was staring until he turns around and our eyes connect. This one action makes goosebumps appear on my arms, sending a jolt of electricity through me. Quickly I look away when I feel intense colour rise to my cheeks as he clears his throat.

Moving towards his desk he picks up a piece of paper and hands it to me.

"There is a business event held every year among different companies from all around New york city. This year the preparations have been handed to us but due to some weather problems it has been pulled back and is now happening at the end of this week."

My eyes snap to his as he says this but he isn't even looking at me so i'm met with his back while he looks out at the city lights.

"B-but that's only three days away."

"Four actually. It's on saturday and we not only have not sent any invitations but we don't even have a place to conduct the fucking event and I can't seem to decide which one is a bigger problem!" His harsh tone makes me flinch. This isn't the first time he has used it with me but it never seems to stop startling me.

This is a disaster. There is no way an event management company will take us up on any offer on such a short notice and I can't even begin to imagine the damage it will do to his reputation if the event isn't as grand as queen victoria's coronation. Fuck. My. Life.

"It's ok we'll figure it out. I'll start calling some event management companies and see if I can arrange a hall or something." I say sighing. He finally turns around and looks at me nodding.

"Bring your laptop and necessities in my office. You will be leaving late today." Never an explanation always a command.

"Of course." I tell him while I go to my office to grab my laptop bag and purse. Just as I'm about to leave my office my phone rings so I fish it out of my pant's pocket before opening the door to my office. 

"Hey Mark."

"Hey babe, where are you. It's already seven." Shit.

"I'm stuck at the office M. There was something urgent that came up. I won't be home until late at night." There's silence at the other end of the phone. I sigh.

"Mark?" The sound of a breathy female gasp fills my ears and I stop dead in my tracks. "Mark?" There's sound of shuffling from the other side like papers or something.

"Yeah babe?" For some reason I can tell he's smiling.

"Who was that?" Again silence.

"Mark!" It's probably nothing, I'm just feeling insecure and today was a long day at work. 

"Yeah sorry. Just some lady in the elevator I bumped into, I was on the way to your apartment but then I turned the other way. Will I even get to see you this week?" He questions changing the topic but I'm still left feeling uneasy.

"Probably not. There's some really important event at the office and were sort of in the middle of a crisis."

"Well ok. I hope you make it home safe. Love you."

"Love you too." I say ending the call. Sometimes I just wish he would care more. Sometimes I wish he was a little mad or annoyed when he didn't get to meet me for a long period of time or was at least worried about me when I was working late nights but I guess not everything is perfect.

Opening the door to Mr.Dolivo's office I find his eyes already on the door but he quickly looks away when I enter. Something tells me he heard the entire conversation. Pursing my lips I sit on the opposite side of his desk and get ready for my personal idea of hell.