Chapter 3

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He growls. His voice completely changed from the soft and soothing tone he was using on the little boy a few minutes ago, Indicating that I am indeed in trouble. I take a deep breath and step inside.

"The museum contract sir."

"What about It Ms. Adams!" He snaps.

"You were supposed to be at the office at six to sign them sir. It's almost seven thirty." He stares at me for a second as what I said dawns on him.

"Fuck!" He curses loudly making the child in his arms cry louder and he's back to panicking. I suppress the urge to chide him on using such foul language in front of a child since it's not my place to speak on the matter but the little boy just won't stop crying in his arms.

I take a few steps closer until i'm only an arm's length from both of them. God curse my child loving heart.

"I-If you don't mind. May I?" I ask. Mr. Dolivo looks at me for a few seconds then back at the boy in his arms and sighs, holding out the child to me. Slowly I move forward and take him in my arms which makes him open his eyes to observe me, making his cries slow down a little.

"Now would you look at that, such pretty green eyes you have just like emeralds." He looks at me shyly form under his lashes.

"I do?" He manages to ask through his sobs.

"Hmm. They remind me of green coloured quartz." He looks at me confused as he thinks not realizing his tear stained face makes my heart clench. The look makes me want to squeeze the daylights out of him!

"Quams?" He asks trying to pronounce the word properly. His failed attempt at it makes me giggle.

"Quartz." I correct. "They're such beautiful stones. Your eyes remind me of the brightest green colour there is." The little boy grins at me as his eyes light up in happiness making my heart melt. Such sweet souls kids are. Suddenly he snaps his head to look behind him, his cries completely stopping.

"Dad do I have the brightest green eyes? like the stone." He questions. DAD. Oh god. My boss has a son. How does a man like him have a son like this. His father who has been observing us in pure disbelief sighs and nods exasperated. The little boy looks at me again, his grin never faltering.

"What's your name?" I make a show of thinking which makes him frown.

"I'll tell you only if you tell me yours."

"Lex. My name is Lex Dolivo." Lex says proudly and from the corner of my eye I find his father smiling faintly. SMILING. Fucking hell. It's a good thing he doesn't do that often. If he did he might have to fire me for losing my ability to speak.

"Victoria Adams." I tell Lex in return.

"I love your name!" He exclaims making me chuckle but i'm interrupted by the sound of three sets of footsteps. Slowly I turn around to look behind me as I place Lex on his feet. Quickly he runs towards the entrance and latches onto the hand of a man who looks almost as old as me nearly tripping on his shoelace in the process which makes me suck in a sharp breath. HOLY HELL was the guy hot.

The sharp jawline and striking green eyes. The same as Lex and Mr. Dolivo. He was extremely handsome but it didn't make me lose my ability to speak since I already deal with the most attractive man I have seen in my 26 years of life.

"Thank god you made this little devil st--" He stops along with the other two men in line before him. One of them is probably his father from the resemblance and the other man looks old enough to be my grandfather but that doesn't make either of the men in this room any less striking.