Chapter 5

it's been two hours and I have only been able to make a list of people and companies who refused to let us rent a place on such short notice since most of them were already booked. This is New york city for god's sake how can we not find one decent venue that might be available for saturday.

Ending another unsuccessful call I slump on the sofa with my face directly facing the screen of my laptop with another event managers site open. Sighing I look up to find Nicoli Dolivo looking furious as he screams at the person on the phone.

"What the fuck do you mean it's closed. I don't fucking care, you better get me those fucking documents or your resignation letter by tomorrow morning!" He ends the call before listening to the other person.

Suddenly there's the sound of something falling from the other side of the office door followed by a small 'oof'. Both our heads whip towards the door and I scrunch my face in confusion. The entire office is empty. Everyone is already gone since it's nine and the guards wouldn't let just anyone enter.

We watch as the door handle slightly goes down but with another thud like someone's hand slipping off of the handle the handle goes up again. It's silent for a few moments until the door handle pushes down again and the door pops open a few inches and a small face comes into view as I realize what just happened.

The realization makes me laugh and this brings the little quartz's attention to me making his face light up.

"Victoria!" He exclaims and starts running as he climbs onto my lap. I run my hands through his onyx black hair which makes his eyes drop slightly. He's sleepy.

"Hey Lex." I chuckle.

"What are you doing here?" He questions in his small voice.

"I work for your dad little quartz but what are you doing here." He frowns a little as if he forgot and lowers his gaze.

"Oh I remember. I came to see daddy. Where is he?" Softly smiling I point behind him making him whip his head in that direction.

"DADDYYY!" He screams as he jumps off my lap nearly falling on thin air. I hold his arms so he doesn't fall and carry him towards his father who has been looking at his son with a small smile playing on his lips.

Mr. Dolivo takes Lex in his arms and places him on his lap so I sit on the opposite side of the table with my laptop but don't go back to working as my eyes are on the father son duo.

"How did you get here Lex. Wasn't Wyatt supposed to be looking after you?" Lex looks at him pouting.

"He left after he brought me here." My boss is smiling but after seven months of working for him I  can clearly see the storm raging behind his eyes. Slowly he takes the light brown teddy out of his son's arms. The teddy bear that looks exactly like the one from Mr. Been.

"How about you go sit with Ms. Adams and I'll call your uncle to talk to him about something important." Mr. Dolivo's tone tells me that Wyatt is about to get his classical shouting sessions I'd hate to be on the receiving end of. Lex looks at his father with a confused face.

"Ms. Who?" Realization crosses across my bosses face as he realizes that the little quartz doesn't know my last name. Mr. Dolivo frowns.

"uh..Victoria." I freeze when he says my name and i'm unable to move my eyes away from his lips. Why does the way he say my name sound so....different. Shrugging off this strange feeling I stand up to take Lex from my bosses arms but he won't budge.

"Why did you call her Ms. Adams?"

"Because that's her name." Mr. Dolivo replies to the confused three year old.