488.Changing Targets?

In a rare occurrence, the astonishment on Jungkook’s face could not be concealed. He asked in uncertainty. “Aren’t you unwilling?”

“There’s no way I would be unwilling.” She pouted. “I said that intentionally to tease you.”

She had wanted to see just how much he could dote on her.

The results were far beyond her expectations.

Truly, no one was better than Jungkook!

Jungkook’s heart was flooded with joy. He gently wiped away the tears on her cheeks. “Lisa, don’t cry!”

She pressed her face against his chest and felt a sense of security enveloping her.

His large palms were pressed gently against her back. As he lowered his head to watch her, his gaze was unbelievably doting.

For her, he was truly willing to give up his life!

Lisa held Jungkook’s phone and began to scroll through the forum. She watched as the netizens switched sides slowly and began to speak up for her.

[Although Lisa is slightly ugly, she is indeed quite a good fiancée. Jungkook’s eyes would never choose wrongly!]

[I didn’t know that Lisa silently did so much for Jungkook. She has never mentioned any of it. Even as a passer-by, my heart is aching for her…]

[Who dares to fucking criticise Lisa for not contributing anything! If you force her to give up her status as Jeon Jungkook’s fiancée, this old man will make you pay with your blood!]

Inside the Lee family’s villa, Eunha watched as the accounts she had used to criticise Lisa were flooded with negative responses from her schoolmates.

“‘Jealous whore’, ‘Envious trash’, if you dare to ruin our idol’s happiness, we’ll toss you out of the school gates!”

A mountain of enraged comments caused Eunha to lose all courage to argue with them.

Everyone had yet to forget about the matter of her pretending to be Jungkook’s fiancée. If they found out that she was the one behind these comments, she would be ruined.

Eunha watched as Lisa instantly obtained the entire’s school’s protection. She threw her phone on the ground in anger. “I’m angered to death! Jeon Jungkook actually personally responded to the post and helped Lisa escape yet another crisis!”

Lilan watched her coldly. “If you’re unable to withstand such a small matter, how will you deal with bigger matters? If you’re angry, so be it. Why did you throw your phone on the ground? Thankfully, it was cushioned by the grass and wasn’t damaged.”

She bent down to pick up the phone carefully.

Eunha shouted with disbelief. “Mom, isn’t it just a phone? So what if it breaks!”

“If this was in the past, and Lisa was still bringing an infinite amount of support from Jungkook to us, I wouldn’t have made a comment even if you destroyed one hundred phones.” Lilan narrowed her eyes slightly.

The wrinkles on the corner of her eyes appeared more obvious with this change in her expression. “Right now, the Lee Group’s money flow has been cut off. We all have to save up. Life isn’t easy. That phone of yours costs several thousand dollars. If you damage it, it won’t be so easy for us to buy you another one.”

“We can’t be poor to the point where we can’t buy another phone…”

“We only have a small sum left. We have to use it for more important matters.” Lilan’s expression turned heavy. She scanned Eunha up and down. “I heard that there’s a new teacher in your school, named Mark Tuan?”

“That’s right. He is our new French teacher.”

“Seduce him.” Lilan’s gaze appeared calculative for a moment. “I investigated his background. Mark Tuan Wilson is a nobleman from Scotland. Previously, the Wilson family had completely disappeared. Yet, they suddenly reappeared in the past few years and gained power very quickly. Put simply, though Mark Tuan cannot compete against Jeon Jungkook, he is nonetheless very wealthy. If you are able to hold onto him, we won’t just resolve the Lee Group’s financial difficulties but also make a profit. You won’t lose anything by marrying him either.”