Painful Silence

So I debated whether to post this part now or not, but I figured the next part I'm planning on writing would be better in a new chapter. So here it is!

Once they had returned to Kota's house Sang waved goodbye to the guys then walked home, quickly crossing the street and slipping inside. She walked into the kitchen to grab herself a water then turned to go to her room only to freeze in place, her mother stood there with her hands on her hips, her eyes narrowed as she glared at the girl. 

"Where have you been?" Sang swallowed nervously.

"Just outside, I went for a walk through the woods again."  She lied, pressing her finger to her lips nervously.

"Don't lie to me, I seen you." Her mother scowled.

"What do you-"

"I seen you! With those boys from across the street, three of them! I knew it, I knew you were a little whore. Your sleeping with all of the aren't you!" The older woman stepped closer causing Sang to back away shaking her head.

"No I haven't done anything with them, they're just friends!"

"Don't lie to me! Look at you! Sneaking out, whoring yourself out to boys, your going to end up killed in a ditch! Just like I always said you would!" Sang blinked back tears as her mother screamed in her face and she continued to shake her head.

"No! I haven't slept with anyone their just frie-"

SMACK! 

"I told you to stop lying to me!" She grabbed the girl by the hair and shoved her painfully to her knees. "You will stay there and not move!" She then stormed around the kitchen slamming cabinet doors while she looked for something, leaving Sang  rubbing her cheek gently. A couple minutes later her mother returned with a glass and shoved it in her face.

"Drink it, all of it!" The foul smell coming from the glass had Sang backing away, not again, it's been years since she was forced to drink the vinegar and lemon juice combination but she would never forget the horrible pain it brought her. 

"Please no!"  She tried to shove the glass away only for her to be smacked again and then there was a sharp tug on her hair as her mother grabbed it and pulled her head back causing Sang to let out a gasp of pain. The horrible drink was then poured down her throat as her mother with surprising strength, held her there until the entire glass was gone. Immediately after her mother released her, Sang was bent over as she began to vomit, her throat burning as if it was on it fire.

"Maybe this will you teach you not to lie to me and to stop talking to those horrible boys. This kitchen better be spotless and I do not want to see you for the rest of the night!" Her mother spat as she slammed the glass on the counter then stormed upstairs leaving the girl coughing and sobbing on the floor.

It took several minutes before Sang was able to force herself to stand. She grabbed the bottle of water that had fell from her hands when she had seen her mother and quickly guzzled the cool liquid trying to find relief for her throat. The water soothed the fire only a bit, but enough for her to stop coughing and she went to grab a towel to clean up, when she heard a frantic tapping at the back door. Confused as to who would be at the back door she peeped out from the window to see a very worried Kota, and a confused Nathan and Silas at the door.