1

"Young Master?" Ciel Phantomhive opened his eyes. Before him, his loyal butler Sebastian smiled kindly, standing near the bed, tea cart beside him. The Earl sighed loudly and began to stir beneath the warm comforter, pulling Bitter Rabbit to his chest, burying his face in the plush bunny and pulled the blanket up over his head.

"No." he said simply, snuggling back into his pillow, fingering the bunny's ear as he prepared to drift back into sleep. He heard Sebastian laugh and felt the comforter pulled down to his shoulder; he could see vague light from behind his eyelids and shut them tightly.

"Really, Master. You can't lay about in bed all day. I've already let you sleep late." Ciel peeked an eye open and saw Sebastian there, haloed by the sun filtering through the curtains behind him. The sight brought a little smile, and the young Lord shook his head, nestling into his pillow and blanket once more, resting his chin on Bitter Rabbit's head.

"I don't want to. Not today."

"Be that as it may, today is a busy day, and we are already behind schedule." Rolling his mismatched eyes, Ciel groaned and tugged the blanket up over his head once more.

"I don't care. I want to stay here." Sebastian smiled indulgently and poured a cup of tea, plating a scone and when he was done, sat lightly on the edge of the bed, legs crossed at the knee as he waited for Ciel to reveal himself once more. The bluenette smiled to himself as he enjoyed the warmth of his bed, the softness of silken sheets and stretched out to his full, though meager, height. He extended one leg and pressed a foot against Sebastian's thigh, pushing at him from under the blanket. "Go away." The butler smiled and placed a gloved hand on Ciel's foot.

"I'm afraid that isn't an option today." When Ciel didn't move to come out from under the blankets, Sebastian reached up and tugged the blanket from around the young Lord's head, uncovering him to the waist. Ciel groaned and hugged the plush bunny tighter. "Happy Birthday, Bocchan." He opened his eyes then to see Sebastian smiling down at him, offering a hand.

"Hmph." Mismatched eyes rolled in annoyance, but he tossed Bitter Rabbit aside and sat up, stretching his arms above his head, yawning. "Then shouldn't I get to stay in bed if I please?" The raven-haired butler presented Ciel with his morning tea and Ciel took the cup, closing his eyes as he inhaled the mildly bitter aroma.

"Not today, my Lord." Sebastian flitted about the room, preparing Ciel's outfit for the day and the bluenette watched him. He smiled a little, taking a sip of tea as he eyed his butler. Sebastian stood at the bureau, selecting various bits from their hangers, his back turned. Ciel took the moment to look him over. Sebastian was always perfection; never a hair out of place, dress shirt and slacks perfectly pressed, vest fitted snugly over his slim stomach, the edge of the vest framing the perfectly polished silver buckle of his belt. From behind, Ciel could see the way the tailcoat accented his lithe form, lengthening him to an outlandish height, cinched in at the waist, making the curve of his back more pronounced. Smiling appreciatively, the bluenette tilted his head, his mind wandering as he stared.

He'd dreamed about him again. The same dream as before; one that stirred him and brought a blush to his cheeks upon recall. The dream that now urged his eyes to wander over Sebastian, drinking him in; imagining circumstances that could bring the dream into reality. Sebastian closed the bureau doors and Ciel looked quickly away, taking another drink of tea before holding the cup out for his butler to take.

"Why must my birthday always be an event? Nothing good ever happens today..." With a gentle nod, Sebastian took the cup and placed it back on the tea cart as Ciel crawled to the edge of the bed, plopping himself down with his legs hanging over the edge. He kicked his feet, still unable to reach the floor from the bed's height.