3

-3-

When Sebastian heard his name whispered with such inflection, he turned to look up at the study window, and what he saw there brought a smile to his lips. He could see his young Master seated at the window, head throw back, lips parted; was that... yes. Yes, it was. He'd heard Ciel moan his name at climax. He licked his lips and smiled up at the window, watching as the bluenette finished, and sat up in his chair. The moment their eyes met, Ciel's head disappeared from the window and Sebastian laughed.

Oh, this was quite the development; privy to a secret moment, he now had all the permission he felt he needed. With a smile still playing at his lips, Sebastian made his way back towards the manor, delighted at this turn of events. And on his Master's birthday no less.

"My, my. I do have a birthday gift for you, Bocchan." Sebastian chuckled again and made his way inside, handing the basket of roses to Mey-Rin as he entered the kitchen. "Place these in the dining hall. When the meal is nearly ready, you will ring me. By then I will be in my quarters, I have matters to attend to." Mey-Rin nodded, and took the basket from him as he exited the kitchen, heading slowly towards the study, giving Ciel an adequate amount of time to gather his wits before he arrived.

Sebastian knocked softly and entered; he saw Ciel leaning over his desk, reading a document. His cheeks were still a bit flushed, and his lapis blue eye flitted to Sebastian for only a moment before looking back down to the page.

"Young Master." He bowed and approached the desk, dragging his fingertips along the desktop as he came to Ciel's side, looking down at him.

"What it is?" Not looking up from his paperwork, the young Lord cleared his throat, doing his best to sound authoritative. His attempt was betrayed by the flush in his cheeks and the quake of his hand as he signed the document and pushed it aside, finally looking up at his butler as he stood beside him.

"I could have sworn I heard you call my name just then. Did you need me?" Sebastian smiled, licking his lips slowly as he waited for a reply. Ciel fumbled with his pen for a moment and shook his head, watching Sebastian's fingers as they played at the chestnut desktop.

"What? No... no... it's nothing..." Positively mortified at being overheard, he wracked his brain for any reason to have said his butler's name, any reason at all that was not the truth.

"But... you did call for me?" Sebastian leaned a little closer; Ciel could smell the scent of roses that clung to him from being in the garden, and his cologne. Something he couldn't put his finger on; something comforting, the same scent he had always worn. He took a slow breath and did his best to fumble out a response.

"I... I just was... reading this and... cursed you for leaving me so damn much work when Tanaka should be handling these accounts...." Pleased with his quick thinking, Ciel sat up in his seat, giving Sebastian a dirty look to top it off. "It's not my job to handle the invoices anyway."

"My apologies, Bocchan. I'll be sure to take more care in delivering your mail in the future." The butler bowed his head as he apologized and reached across the desk to retrieve the offending document. As he stretched himself out before Ciel he glanced at him and smiled at what he saw. Sapphire eye gazed at him intensely, watching his every move and as he stood, he saw Ciel take a deep breath, shaking his head and looked back to the pile of paperwork on the desk as if he hadn't been eyeing him. With a smirk, laughed and Ciel looked up at him curiously. The bluenette tried to look away but felt lost somehow in the demon's garnet eyes; Sebastian leaned closer, speaking softly to him. "I must say, Bocchan. I've scarcely heard my name cursed in such a licentious tone..." Ciel's jaw went slack, and he let out a nervous half-laugh; far too embarrassed for rational thought, he leaned back a little in his seat, prompting Sebastian to lean closer until they were nose to nose. Crimson eyes flicked down to Ciel's lips, then back to his eyes and he smiled suggestively, licking his own lips before he spoke again. "Perhaps you would curse me again?" The young Lord made some nonsensical sound and Sebastian winked at him, leaning away, gathering paperwork from the desk and tucking it under his arm. "Tea will be served within the hour; will you be taking it here?" Breathless, confused and embarrassed all at once, Ciel managed to squeak out a reply, and the crack in his voice made Sebastian grin.

"Ye-" Ciel cleared his throat, looking down at the paperwork on his desk for a moment, trying to gather his wits. "Yes..."

"Very good, Master." Sebastian bowed his head and turned to leave. He moved uncharacteristically slowly as he made his way to the door, feeling Ciel's eyes upon him once again, and smiled to himself. As he opened the door, he glanced back to see the bluenette look away, fumbling with paperwork. "Very good." He repeated softly, nodding to himself and closed the door behind him.

When the door closed Ciel let out a breath he hadn't been aware he was holding and collapsed back in his chair. He was caught; Sebastian knew. There was no doubt he had heard him, the ears of the demon ever tuned to his whispers, listening for his name to be called. He had barely realized he'd said it at all, and to have it confirmed that Sebastian had heard him climax; he wanted to crawl under the desk and die. But Sebastian hadn't scolded him; he hadn't teased the way he did when Ciel did anything silly or childish. His reaction hadn't been at all what Ciel had expected, although he hadn't known what he expected it would be. A million questions rushed through Ciel's mind and he dropped his head down on the desk, thumping it several times as punishment for his own stupidity.