XXXXX

"You will all be exterminated."
- Red Dalek, Journey's End

"Like I was saying, feel this!" Jack fires towards the Red Dalek, the one who had sent them down to the Vault in the first place, leaving only the bottom half of it behind. Garrick stood with Jasper, both of them by the TARDIS to make sure that nothing tried to get in whilst they were saving the world.

"Oh, we've lost the magnetron. And there's only one planet left. Oh, guess which one. But we can use the TARDIS."

The Doctor runs into the TARDIS, leaving everyone outside to make sure that nothing ruined their insanely perfect plan. Penelope was holding down a button, as instructed by the other Doctor.

"Holding Earth stability. Maintaining atmospheric shell." Caan spoke over to them, and something in it chilled Penelope, so she swapped places with Donna. Making the girl hold down the button as she ushered people into the TARDIS.

"The prophecy must complete."

It was wrong. Something was wrong. This couldn't work so easily. Davros, still unable to attack, spat words at the Doctor by the console.

"Don't listen to him."

"I have seen the end of everything Dalek, and you must make it happen, Doctor."

"He's right." Penelope turned to look at him in horror, this man could never be the Doctor if he thought like that. She marched over to him as he continued, seemingly in a trance. "Because with or without a Reality bomb, this Dalek Empire's big enough to slaughter the cosmos. They've got to be stopped."

"You can't do that." Donna nodded, agreeing with her after seeing the look in this person's eye. It was dark, the look of someone about to do something they would have to regret later.

"Just, just wait for the Doctor."

"I am the Doctor. Maximising Dalekanium power feeds. Blasting them back!"

"No!"

Daleks start exploding all over the Crucible and all over the Medusa Cascade. The Doctor runs out of the TARDIS, seeing the horrified face of Penelope as she took a step back from this person with his face. He wasn't the Doctor to her; she couldn't even see the semblance of John in him anymore.

The actual Doctor, the one full of mercy and forgiveness, watched as the Daleks continued to explode in sorrow.

"What have you done?"

"Fulfilling the prophecy."

Then came the anger, the one that had left Penelope behind, that had haunted her for so many months.

"Do you know what you've done? Now get in the Tardis! Everyone! All of you, inside! Run!"

Explosions are starting to wreck the Vault. Penelope rushed to get everyone inside, Jasper and Garrick helping and refusing to go in until she had. It was sweet of them, if a little stupid. She was just glad they were getting out of here.

She watched, fires starting to spread, as the Doctor held out his hand towards Davros. From behind him, she tried to stay aware of how far behind her Garrick and Jasper were standing. But it was hard with the smoke closing in, she wished he would hurry up.

"Davros? Come with me. I promise I can save you."

"Never forget, Doctor, you did this. I name you. Forever, you are the Destroyer of the Worlds!" A wall of flames leaps up and Davros points towards them as best he could with his vision impaired. "I refuse to go alone!"

Shooting blindly, Penelope had to duck to avoid getting shot, hearing it hit the metal wall somewhere behind her. She sighed in relief that in his last moments he wasn't able to do anything.