The New Targaryen Children

Aegon Targaryen

With Aegon her wish had come true, it was not Viserys' child she had carried, but her love's.

Her child was born a month too early, for it to have been Viserys', but since it was a son, nobody cared enough to question it.

When Aegon was finally pushed from her body the bells rang and the people cheered. Rhaenyra looked down upon her younger brother, and for the first time did not know what she was feeling. Was it love? Or was it hate? Disgust? Envy? She did not know.

Daemon heard word it his wife had birthed a son. His son and had been overjoyed before he remember he could never claim the child.

He could never hold the child, the child would never call him father.

He would only ever be the child's uncle, nothing more. Ever.

So, as if to make up for it, Daemon sent an egg to his child, which to his delight hatched.

The stories reached him of Aegon's fire filled nature, his stubbornness and his love for his mother. Each thing Daemon knew he got from him. Viserys was weak willed and a dove in every sense of the word.

Viserys could never father a child like Aegon. No, Aegon was the seed of the dragon, the seed of the Rouge Prince. Made with love and passion of a thousand stars.

Alicent started to wear Green dresses quickly after Aegon's birth as did every Hightower in Kingslanding. Each of them announcing secretly but obviously their wish for Aegon to be named heir.

Dyana however could not have cared less. Aegon was Daemon's, so he was enough as he was. Should Aegon be named heir which was unlikely then she would not object to it, but her darling boy would be hers and hers alone.

Otto as soon as he had the grandson started to push for Aegon to be named heir, and often pushed for Dyana to do the same, but she did not.

She was happy to watch Aegon suckle from her, watch him grow and love him without the threat of him being put onto the throne.

Helaena Targaryen

Helaena her darling Helaena was Viserys' child. Only he could make something so without fault. Helaena was born 10 months after her elder brother. Two children born within 2 years healthy and strong.

The the halls the servants talked of how the new Queen was the mother come to save them all.

This talk soon made Rhaenyra sour against her aunt/new step mother. She wanted to yell out that Dyana was married to Daemon and that Aegon was the son of the Rouge Prince but she did not for she knew what would happen to the woman.

She would die and the Realm would be thrown into war. Daemon would come seeking revenge for his wife and her children so Rhaenyra grew quiet and watchful.

Dyana could not understand stand why but she let Rhaenyra have her space.

Helaena was the opposite of her brother quiet, calm and thoughtful. She never worried her mother like Aegon did she never hide or threw things she just was perfect.