A mother's joy

'Aegon?!' Dyana calls as she walks into her son's chambers 'Aegon have you see. Your siblings-Aegon?' She looks around confused at the empty room before she sees a large moving mass in her son's bed. With a sigh she walks over and pulls back the sheets to see all of her children laying there giggling at her.

With a smile Dyana sits down beside the four children who look back at her.

'What are you doing?' She asks with a smile.

'Here' Helaena says as she holds out a badly rapped present. Smiling Dyana takes it from her eldest daughter. Her only child from the King 'It is not a practical joke is it?' She asks slightly scared they often pranked her.

Her three from Daemon were jokers they got that from him.

'No mother' Aegon shakes his head 'Happy Birthday'

Dyana smiles brightly at his words before kissing each of them on the head. They were the only ones to remember when her birthday was. Her father did know but he normally gave her a scolding on how women should never celebrate their ageing.

Alicent always gave her a huge huge and had a cake made, but she never got gifts until she had her children and they came to learn when her birthday was.

Opening the gift which was so badly rapped it practically opened itself Dyana sees a set of sleeves. On the bottom at the cuff where dragons breathing green flames with green roses all around them. Tears come to her eyes as she traces the embroidery with her finger.

'Daena did one sleeve and I did the other' Helaena says proudly 'All though she did stop a day in so I finished hers'

'I could not sit still long enough' Daena says annoyed 'I have no idea how Helaena does it'

'I adore them, thank you my baby dragons' Dyana says as she hugs her daughters tightly.

'Look under them!' Aemond cries in excitement as he bounces on the bed.

Dyana looks at him before looking back at the box and gently taking out the sleeves Dyana sees a ring along with a dagger.

'Aemond got you the dagger and I the ring, mother' Aegon tells Dyana who slips the ring onto her finger before kissing Aegon's forehead.

Slowly and carefully she takes out the dagger which is more like a knife. She looks over it before noting the flowers carved into the blade and the handle.

'It is gorgeous, did you design it?'

'Yes' Aemond nods proudly

'I made a pocket for it in the sleeves' Daena cuts in showing her the pocket in the left sleeve 'Incase you get attacked and you have to defend yourself'

'Not that you will ever need to' Aemond says

'Because we will never leave your side' Aegon finishes. Dyana smiles bringing all of her children into a tight hug.

'I love you all so much' she says

'And we love you too' they reply as they hug their mother back tightly. They only ever got love from their mother. Their aunt was married in the Rock, Rhaenyra had black haired babies even though her husband had white hair and Viserys favoured Rhaenyra even though he did like Daena but only because she was identical to what Rhaenyra had looked like when she was younger. 'And nothing will happen to you when we are near'

'Don't make promises you can't know you can keep' Dyana says quietly so low they can't here her.