The Throne Room

Dyana takes a deep breath as her guards open the doors of the Throne Hall making all eyes turn to her as she walks to the throne with Ser Criston Cole barely three steps behind her his hand resting on his sword as he looks around the Throne room as if daring someone to try and hurt his Queen.

The Velaryons; Rhaenys, Baela and Vaemond watch at her as she walks past as does the Black Targaryens. Rhaenyra glares at her as does Rhaena while Daemon, Jace and Luke, all look at her with worry.

The crown had taken its toll on Dyana Hightower.

She was thinner, her hair falling limp down her back which she had tried to hide by putting most of it up into a braided bun.

The Hightowers and the Green Targaryens bow their heads as she passes. And as she does she gives her children a sweet smile which they return.

When she reaches the throne she turns 'I, Dyana Hightower, wife to King Vierys Targaryen and ruler in his stead will look over this matter of who shall take the title Heir to Driftmark and the Lord of Tides. And who shall sit the Driftwood throne'

Dyana nods to Vaemond as she sits down which makes the Dragonstone Targaryens frown confused.

'Ser Vaemond, you may make your case' Dyana says with a wave of her hand.

'Thank you, my Queen' Vaemond says as he steps forwards to look at Rhaenyra and her Strong sons before looking back at the Hightower Queen who sits upon the Iron Throne looking every inch the powerful Queen.

'The History of our noble houses extends beyond of the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the Doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their king. Out forebears came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name. I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat. I am Lord Corlys's closet kin, his own blood. The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins.'

'As it does in my sons, offspring of Laenor Velaryon' Rhaenyra cuts Veamond off with a cold voice 'If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond you would no be so bold as to supplant its rightful heir. No, you only speak for yourself and for your known ambition'

'You will have a chance to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra-' Dyana says as she in turn cuts Rhaenyra off as she rubs her forehead as she feels a headache coming on.

Ser Criston Cole looks at his Queen worried. She gives him a reassuring smile and he relaxes slightly as she looks at Rhaenyra who is watching her coldly.

'What do you know of Velaryon blood, Princess?' Vaemond asks 'I would cut my veins and show it to you and you still wouldn't recognise it. This is about the future and survival of my house, not yours.' Vaemond turns back to the throne

'My Queen, My lord hand, This is a matter of blood not ambition. I place the continuation of the survival of my house and my line above all. I humbly put myself before you as my brother's successor, the Lord of Driftmark and Lord of the Tides.'

'Thank you, Ser Vaemond' Dyana thanks the Lord before she turns to Rhaenyra 'Princess Rhaenyra you may now speak for your son, Lucerys Velaryon.'

'If I am to grace these farce with some answer,' says Rhaenyra as she walks before the throne and Dyana who looks down upon her with an unreadable expression 'I will start by reminding the court that nearly 20 years ago, in this very--'

The doors open and everyone turns to watches as Viserys walks into the hall and to the throne as Dyana stands quickly walking to her husband's side to help him in his walk.

As the pair walk to the throne Viserys says 'I will sit the Throne today'

'Yes, husband'

The nobles watch as Viserys sits the throne before nodding to Dyana who takes a deep breath before walking back up to her family on the opposite side of the Black Targaryens.

Sighing Viserys says 'I must admit my confusion over this petitions are being heard if the one who might offer keener insight into Lord Corlys' wishes then his wife, the Princess Rhaenys'

As everyone looks at the Princess she walks forwards with a nod to the King after she looks at her granddaughter who smiles at her.

'Indeed, your grace. It was ever my husband's will that Driftmark pass through my son Ser Laenor to his trueborn son Lucerys Velaryon.'

Dyana sighs upon hearing her words

'His mind never changed. Nor did my support of him. As a matter of fact, Princess Rhaenyra has just informed me of her desire to marry her sons to Lord Corlys's granddaughters, Baela and Rhaena. A proposal to which I heartily agree'

'Well, the matter is settled' says Viserys 'Again. I hear by name Prince Lucerys of House Velaryon as Heir to Driftmark, the Driftwood throne, and the next Lord of the Tides.'

Rhaenys bows her head before walking back to Baela who smiles at her grandmother.

'You break law... and centuries of tradition to install your daughter as heir. Yet you dare tell me... who deserves to inherit the name Velaryon. No.' Vaemond spits 'I will not allow it-.'

'"Allow it?"' Viserys repeats dangerously calmly 'Do not forget yourself, Vaemond Velaryon, you are a mer second son'

Vaemond looks at Dyana (which does not go unnoticed by the Blacks) before he points to Lucerys 'That is no true Velaryon, and certainly no nephew of mine.'

'Go to your chambers' Rhaenyra says 'You have said enough'

'Lucerys is my true-born grandson' Viserys says 'And you are no more than the second son of Driftmark'

'You may run your house as you see fit but you will not decide the future of mine. My house survived the Doom and a thousand tribulations besides. And gods be damned I will not see it ended on the account of this--' Vaemond chokes on his words

'Say it' Daemon teases with a small smirk as he looks at him

'Her children' continues Vaemond 'Are bastards! and she' he says as he looks at Viserys 'is a whore.'

Nobles gasps as Dyana looks quickly at Viserys who stands pulling out his knife.

Dyana looks at Daemon who looks back at her. She gives him a pointed look which he understands as he walks forwards slowly taking out his sword.

'I will have your tongue for that' Viserys says, everyone jumps back bar Dyana who quickly sees to her daughter, Helaena who puts her hands over her ears, as Daemon cuts Ser Vaemond's head clean off.

'He may keep his tongue.'

'Disarm him!' Otto shouts

Daemon chuckles as he wipes his sword on his coat 'No, need'

'My love!' Everyone looks at Dyana who rushes to the King as he slumps into his seat groaning in pain

'Father?'

'Fetch the Maesters!'