Creamed Ice

The week before winter break and everyone in physics was either working on the study guide the teacher had assigned or just talking. Evan was just staring at his laptop, not really able to focus on the study guide, but would sometimes turn his attention to look at whatever Jared was doing. 

Class was about halfway over when Evan noticed some people getting up and messing around with the ice cream lab that the chemistry kids had used in the classroom last period. Two different containers of cream, a clear plastic container only a quarter filled with ice, a container of sprinkles, and a bag of sugar with a plastic white spoon sticking out remained on the table.

Evan had done the same lab last year, specifically he remembered when Jared threw up, for what he had assumed was because of the ice cream.

Twice. 

That, however, did not stop Evan from slowly getting out of his seat to at least attempt to make some ice cream. However, this quest failed when there was evidently no more plastic bags to shake the cream part of the ice cream in to make, well, ice cream.

Evan sighed and was about to turn back around until he saw two plastic cups out of the corner of his eye. No one else was really around, so Evan uncapped the container of cream and pour some into the cup. Then, he added a few spoons of sugar, two ice cubes from the large plastic tub, and shook on some rainbow sprinkles.

This looked as if the ice cream just melted or something. Maybe no one noticed Evan had purposefully put in the ingredients like that. Not like anyone paid much attention to him anyways besides Jared.

After stirring up the mess in the cup as if it were a witch's brew (and adding more sprinkles, as they seemed to sink to the bottom of the cup), Evan took his place at his desk next to Jared. 

Jared heard Evan and looked up from his laptop, noticing Evan's concoction and laughing. "Did your ice cream not shake up properly?"

Evan shook his head. "No, actually. There were no more bags, so I just kind of poured everything into the cup."

Jared's smirk turned into a confused frown, as if it was taking him a second to process what Evan said before he just covered his mouth. "Why the fuck would you do that?" He asked, sounding muffled and like he was about to start laughing.

All Evan did was shrug a bit, smiling a bit as he got a small spoonful of his 'ice cream' on his spoon. "I mean, it's just like melted ice cream."

"No, no. You didn't even give it the chance to melt." Jared uncovered his mouth and pointed at the cup. "That is not ice cream, that is fucking creamed ice." As Jared declared this, Evan ate the bit of 'creamed ice' on his spoon. 

"It's actually not that bad!" Evan laughed a bit and ate some more. "It's like a pudding but less thick and with more sprinkles. There's another cup at the table if you wanna try to make it, too."

"Absolutely not." Jared looked back at his laptop and answered another study guide question. Evan jokingly held out his cup to Jared. 

"Just have a little of mine then. I swear, it's like melted ice cream." Evan watched as the shorter boy gave in and grabbed the cup from him. "You can use the same spoon if you want." Jared inspected the 'creamed ice' before quickly scooping some and putting it in his mouth.

"God, how much sugar did you put in this?"

Evan frowned. "The cream was kind of bland." He took the cup back from Jared once he was finished. "So? What did you think?"

"It was sure a combination of things that are used to make ice cream." Jared laughed, this time not looking at his laptop. "I'd give it.. a solid five out of ten."

"I'd say a seven point five."