002

She always thought that Iseul and Taeyong would always be Iseul and Taeyong

Taeyong, who was always aware when she wasn't herself. Taeyong, who would make her his top priority. Taeyong, who would prioritise her comfort over his own. Since they were little, Taeyong has always been a constant in her life.

Her entire world revolved around Taeyong and only Taeyong. But she forgot that his world didn't always revolve around her.

That's why her mood worsened when she realised they were going to have lunch with Taeyong's friends who were members of the student council, including Kim Hana. The worst thing about meeting new people is that they're new. And they're people. And she has to meet them. 

"Iseul."

"Iseul."

"Iseul!"

The clinking of the spoon jolted Iseul out of her reverie. When she looked up, she noticed that everyone was already staring at her. Taeyong, who was seated to her left, touched her forehead, brows furrowed in concern, "Your temperature is okay. But why are you look so off today?"

Iseul didn't brush Taeyong's hand that was still on her forehead, "I'm totally fine."

"Are you sure?"

Iseul had no time to respond to Taeyong's question when Hana interrupted their conversation, "Perhaps your girlfriend isn't comfortable eating with us, Taeyong."

Other people might think Hana's statement was normal, but Iseul didn't like the tone of her voice. She sounded as if she was attempting to make her look bad. Or did she just overthink things?

Taeyong shook his hand while chuckling, "What? No. Iseul and I are not in a relationship."

Iseul noticed Hana's eyes widened, "Are you serious? Then, why are you guys so" she paused, seeming to find a right word, "-lovey-dovey?"

Iseul poked her chicken with more force than was necessary. None of your business.

"Well, there's no ban on friends being affectionate to each other, right?" Taeyong poked a drinking straw into Iseul's juice box before handing it to the girl.

Bubbling with happiness, Hana hummed before leaning forward, "So, that's means I have a chance right?"

Iseul choked at the shameless question. Taeyong immediately patted her back in panic. She swore she was about to poke the girl in the eye with the fork in her hand when the girl looked at Taeyong with sparkling eyes.

Taeyong just laughed off Hana's question.

Noticing the awkward tension she had created, Hana giggled and waved her hand away, saying, "I'm kidding," before turning to talk to her friend.

Iseul sighed quietly and tugged at Taeyong's sleeve, "By the way, Tae, what time do you finish today?"

"At 2. How about you?"

"My last class is at 1 p.m., so I'll meet you in the library, okay? I'd like to take you to a newly opened cat cafe near our campus."

"Oh I'm sorry to ruin your plan Iseul, but Taeyong and I have to meet the dean to discuss about the campus festival that will be held around the corner," Hana interrupted again.

"We do?"

"Yes, I ran into the dean this morning, and he asked us to his office after our last class," Hana nodded.

"Ah, I see." Taeyong's expression was guilty as he looked at Iseul. Iseul was clearly not in the mood to begin with. "I'm sorry, Iseul, but you need to go home first today." Taeyong then took one of her hands in his, his thumb softly rubbing her knuckle, "I'll help inform your driver okay?"

Iseul pushed her tray aside. She'd been thinking about it since yesterday, but she couldn't be selfish. Taeyong still has many responsibilities aside from accompanying her.

Hana, who had been watching her earlier interaction with Taeyong, caught the tail of her gaze. On purpose to annoy Hana, Iseul intentionally put her head on Taeyong's shoulder, her hand wrapped around the man's arm, "Order my favourite donut to my house first, then we'll see if I forgive you or not."

Taeyong burst out laughing as he listened to Iseul's simple request, "As you wish Queen," he said, gently pinching the girl's nose.

Iseul tightened her hold around Taeyong's arm, her gaze fixed on Hana, who was already flushed. When their eyes met, the self-satisfied smirk played across her pink lips.

Strike!
Iseul-1, Hana-0