007

Her feet made their way down the corridor to Taeyong's apartment

Her feet made their way down the corridor to Taeyong's apartment. It was nearly two weeks and she couldn't bear to separate from Taeyong much longer. She couldnt stand to ignore Taeyong every time they passed each other on campus. Iseul was eager to solve their problems. She was certain Taeyong felt the same way she did, which was why she decided to sneak out after dinner.

Her steps, however, came to a halt in front of another apartment, five blocks away from Taeyong's, when her eyes were treated to an unexpected sight.

There, in front of Taeyong's own apartment, Taeyong was kissing Hana. Iseul could see how the two people smiled in between their kisses before they stopped and Taeyong invited Hana into his apartment.

Iseul balled her fists. A mix of emotions swirled inside her until a humorless chuckle escaped her lips, "Silly me, thinking you cared."

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

Thunder rumbled in the distance but Iseul didn't stop nor quicken her steps to find shelter. A few seconds later, raindrops splattered against her head, soaking her clothing and left her chilled.

Iseul was aware of the strange looks she received from those around her as she walked by, but she chose to ignore them.
She purposefully did not take the bus on her way home, preferring to cry to her heart's content in the middle of the rain. She couldn't get the image of Hana and Taeyong kissing out of her head.

"This is excruciatingly painful..." Iseul mumbled weakly while beating her chest continuously in an attempt to relieve the tightness that plagued her heart.

Her movements were slow and deliberate. Her blank gaze was fixed on the road. Iseul kept walking until she came to a halt in front of a traffic. Her mind was so blank that she crossed the zebra crossing while the pedestrian traffic light was still red. The panicked yells of other pedestrians were like wind in her ears.

The sound of several cars' horns was loud, accompanied by screams and curses from the drivers, but Iseul, who appeared to be deaf, kept walking and walking. She felt her head throbbing in pain, her vision slowly blurring.

"Park Iseul!" She heard her name being shouted by a familiar voice until her arms were pulled back hard. Iseul felt herself falling into the arms of someone before warm hand cradled her face and her Dad's face filled her vision.

"Dad..." her voice was a hoarse whisper.

"Shhh, it's okay honey, you're fine."

Relished in her Dad's warmth, Iseul's eyes drooped and she lost consciousness.