003

Iseul tucked a few stray hairs behind her ear, her legs trembling nervously beneath the clothed table

Iseul tucked a few stray hairs behind her ear, her legs trembling nervously beneath the clothed table. As she looked around the restaurant, she took another sip of wine.

The dim lighting of the restaurant created the ideal romantic ambiance, and Iseul couldn't help but feel jealous as she overheard the couple at the table next to her flirting with each other.

Iseul hoped she could do the same. She was really enthusiastic when her maid assisted her to pick a dress that afternoon and she even ordered Taeyong's favourite meal as soon as she arrived.

Iseul had no idea she'd be sitting here like a fool, wallowing in the bitter feeling that was building up inside her chest as the minutes passed.

Taeyong had still not arrived after 3 hours. Iseul put on her cold facade acting like she wasn't affected by the pitied glances that those waiters kept shooting her with. She swore she would have left after 5 minutes if it had been someone else. Taeyong never broke his promise, and Iseul wanted to keep holding onto that.

Suddenly, her phone, which she had placed on the table, rang, displaying the name of the person she had been waiting for. Iseul's face lit up with a smile, and she answered the phone as quickly as she could.

"Tae!" Iseul was aware that her voice sounded excited, but she couldn't care less.

"Hey Iseul."

"Where were you? The food is getting cold."

"About that..." The doubt in Taeyong's voice caused Iseul's smile to fall slowly.

Iseul took a deep breath and let it out slowly through her mouth in an attempt to calm down, "What's the matter..."

"I have something urgent to settle right now. I'm really sorry! I know I have made the promise but- Hold on, you're not still waiting right?"

Her face hardened. Fuck you! Of course I'm still waiting, dumbass.

Of course she didn't have the heart to say that to Taeyong. So instead, she just hummed yes to the man's question.

A beat passed, followed by second. Third. Iseul couldn't see his face, but she could practically imagined the panic bubbling inside him.

"...You're not angry right?"

"Even if I do, you still can't come right?"

"Yeah...Then, I'll see you at campus tomorrow okay?" Taeyong's voice was reeked of guilt.

"Yeah, see you soon."

Iseul leaned back in her chair tiredly after hanging up the phone. She abruptly raised her hand, signalling one of the waiters to approach her table.

"Yes, ma'am, is there anything I can do for you?"

"Sit there-" Iseul motioned to the chair opposite her, "Park Jisung," she glanced at the nametag attached to his left pocket.

The boy's eyes widened at the sudden order, "Pardon?"

"Be my drinking companion tonight. I was just dumped by my date." Without giving the boy a chance to respond, she asked, "You're already legal, right?"

Flustered, the Jisung boy nodded and sat as instructed.

"What exactly is going on?" Jisung mumbled loudly enough for himself to hear, not forgetting to say a soft 'Thank you' as Iseul poured the wine for him.