004

"Thank you for joining my parents for dinner, Taeyong

"Thank you for joining my parents for dinner, Taeyong." Hana stated as they both lingered in the meeting room after dismissing the other members, "I'm sorry if they were a little pushy. They were eager to meet you because you were my first friend when I moved here."

"It's not a big deal," he quipped, "after all, I owe you a favour regarding the proposal that day."

Hana shook her head dismissively "Please don't bring it up again. Remember I'm the secretary?"

They chatted amicably as they walked out of the room, Taeyong leading the way. However, Taeyong's steps came to a halt in front of the door, causing Hana behind him to collide with his body. "Ouch, why did you stop suddenly?" Hana rubbed her sore brow.

When Taeyong didn't respond, Hana tiptoed and peered over his shoulder. Her eyes widened as she saw Iseul standing there with a flat face. 

"So she's your urgent matter?"

Taeyong's stomach contracted at the sharpness of Iseul's tone and the look on her face.

Taeyong tried to reach Iseul's hand but she stepped back quickly. She noticed the hurtful expression that flashed on Taeyong's face.

"Iseul," Hana stepped in between her and Taeyong, holding her hand, "I understand your rage, but please don't be mad at Taeyong. It's fine if you want to scold me. All of this is due to my actions. I don't know that you guys've already made a plan. If only I'd known -"

Hana's words were cut short when Iseul yanked her hand from Hana's grasp and slapped her across the face.

Taeyong appeared shocked at first, but quickly turned angry, "What do you think you're doing, Iseul?" He spat as he drew Hana behind him.

Iseul looked up at Taeyong and challenged him to reprimand her, "What? She deserves that."

She returned her gaze to Hana, who was still clutching her cheek. In disbelief, she shook her head "You don't know, huh? You're literally eavesdropping my conversation with Taeyong from the other day. Do you think I didn't notice?"

"I swear Iseul, I don't know!" Hana was quick to deny. Her eyes were welling up with tears. Hana's 'tear-drops' made Iseul laugh incredelously.

Taeyong grabbed Iseul's shoulder and turned her around to face him "That's all Iseul. I apologise for breaking our promise, but you didn't need to come here and create such a chaos."

"Chaos?" Iseul was taken aback by Taeyong's statement. She pressed her finger against Taeyong's chest "I fucking waited for you for three hours. Is it wrong for me to be angry?"

"But you don't have the right to overact like this," Hana cut into their argument.

"What are you rambling on about?" Iseul asked, her eyes narrowing.

"To be honest, you're not Taeyong's girlfriend or whatever. You're just his friend, just like me. The same as the others."

"Hana-" Taeyong sighed in frustration.

"That is, you have no authority to tell Taeyong what he can and cannot do. You should know your limits in his life."

Iseul felt her blood boiling, "For someone who fucking knew nothing about me and Taeyong, you sure do a great job in sticking your nose into other people's affairs."

"Iseul." Taeyong issued a warning. He knew Iseul has a bad temper, but he disliked it when Iseul was rude like this.

"You're the one who should stop being a burden in Taeyong's life." Hana prompted again.

Ok, that's it. This bitch's too much.

Iseul's look was one of frigid anger as she stormed to Hana but Taeyong caught her waist in no time, "That's enough. We're going home now."

"Let me go!" Iseul thrashed in Taeyong's hold as the man pulled her away.

"Taeyong!" Hana was about to follow but was abruptly stopped when Taeyong gave her a stern look.

"Stay there Hana. This's my business with Iseul. I appreciate it if you stay out of it."