🌙| 017. "My Edward"- Bella

Isabella's pov

It's been a week since the party and Jacob haven't picked up my calls. He even didn\t answer Sebastian's calls.

There's something about Sebastian that's bothering me too. We are twins, though we do get tired of people asking us questions about twins sharing their thoughts, I can tell when he's lying.

"seb, what are you hiding?", I ask myself, as I sneak into his room. His mood board was feeling happy again. There were new art inspirations attached to it. His laptop was alerted with a new message, brightening the sleeping screen.

I knew what I was doing was wrong but I needed to know, the email was from paul, so I decided to skip it.

The tab which was opened was more interesting, vampires and wolves. He shouldn't be searching for those, not when he tries so hard to leave the supernatural world.

I decided to open his mail and clicked on the mouse to open the inbox. There were emails to Alice, never delivered just like mine but he stopped writing them. He hasn't written a single email to her since the day Sebastian went cliff diving with Paul.

I left his room, suffering with more questions.

◐ ◐ ◯ ◑ ◑ 

Jacob was still suffering from mono or that's what the others told me. Sebastian was sneaking away most of the time. The darkness was still around me, seeping in the shadows, pulling me apart and I was struggling to keep up.

"Ella, are you sure, this is the way?", Sebastian tugged on my coat, while he pointed at the two paths dividing in front of us.

I convinced Sebastian to come for a hike, and with Jacob gone too, the hole in my heart was becoming hard to handle. It used to be a small hole and now it is devouring every sliver of soul inside me. Eating like a hungry child.

"Trust me, I can feel him", the word slipped from my tongue before I could stop myself. Pity, those blue eyes of my brother were full of pity for me. I ignored that and followed the path.

Soon the tree which I marked came to view, and the bushes were covering the area, just a little more and then.

"the ground was dead, flowers dried, like someone burnt this place", I could feel the cold seeping into my skin, "Bella", Sebastian tried to talk with me, but all I wanted was to scream and collapse.

I try to think of Edward, any sign of him, an illusion. I was so tired and desperate that I was clinging to the distant memories which now I have started to question.

I fall to my knees, Sebastian stood back, not even entering the meadow, like he wasn't allowed to enter there.

 The meadow was my place, my religion, my altar of love, and how he looked standing there, staring at the ground cause I had no strength to look in his eyes, or was it the other way, the guilt of hiding something from me was ripping himself apart and I couldn't tell it apart until now.

How pathetic of a sister I have become, "oh, Edward, look what have I become now". The winds picked up the speed, "you are always pretty", I turned my neck so fast that I swore I could have broken it, and there he was like a mirage to a thirsty traveler stranded in a desert.

"My Edward", my body felt alive once again.

"My Edward", I called to him again and I felt a burning pain on my shoulder, Sebastian's finger clasped around my shoulder, bringing me back, making me focus on who was standing at the edge of the meadow. Edward's mirage blew with the winds and I noticed the golden eyes were crimson red, "Vampire".