Day 17 - Forever

* No ships
* Mentions of Death/Su1c!de
* Idk what I'm doing and I'm like, out of ideas, so sorry if it's late dhdhdj :'D

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣ɞ・❉・ʚ˚̣̣̣ɞ‿︵‿︵

Looking down at the village below, watching the sunset from the branches above, Dream stared at the beautiful sky, bathing at the lowering rays of glorious light.

"Brother!" Hearing his brother call, Dream then looked down and smiled at the other. "Brother!" Dream cheered happily, jumping down from the branch and into his brother's arms, to which Nightmare carefully caught him with a tentacle, Dream giggling a bit.

"Be careful brother, you could die." "Relax brother! I have strong bones! I wouldn't die from that!" Dream chirped while Nightmare sighed softly and smiled gently at his brother. Dream smiling brightly back.

"Oh! Brother! What's for dinner tonight?" "Horror's making cooked steak with fries, you love fries right?" Nightmare suddenly asked and Dream nods happily. "Good." Nightmare hummed and turned around.

"Brother?" "Hmm?" "I'm curious... Cuz I think I remembered something but... Did we have a third brother?" Dream asked curiously and Nightmare froze a bit. "Why do you ask, Brother?" Nightmare asked, Dream noticed that his tentacles seem to be swaying more, seemingly agitated. Dream must've hit a sensitive spot...

"Well... Every now and then, whenever I close my eyes, I see a white skeleton in purple clothing, smiling at me and calling me brother." Dream commented and Nightmare was silent for a bit before he then continued to walking, Dream quickly following. "Well, I don't think I can tell you now... But in due time, I may be able to." Nightmare said softly and Dream blinked before nodding a bit. "Okay Brother!" Dream chirped happily.

If his brother says that he will eventually tell, then he trusts his brother. He trusts his brother a lot!

He may not remember his past, bit he does remember one thing... One thing he can never forget...

The glow of the knife, the brilliant shine of it as the blade reflected the beautiful moonlight...

"Brother, we're here." Nightmare spoke. "Oh! Okay!" Dream cheered happily and then rushed inside excitedly. "Killer! Cross! Hiii!" Dream exclaimed. "Hi Dream." Cross chuckled, watching as Killer turned around with his arms spread, already ready for Dream's tackle hug. "Hello to you too Dreamy boy." Killer grinned and Dream giggled lightly.

"Where's Dusty?" Dream asked curiously, looking around. "Dusty musty bunny man is in the kitchen, helping Horror set the plates." Killer chuckled while Dream giggled. "Dusty musty bunny... Silly name." Dream chirped. "I know, I came up with it." Killer snickered and Dream giggled more. Nightmare just sighing a bit and then going to the kitchen.

He could reminisce of the first time he ever found Dream... Or the first time he finally accepted Dream anyways... Not that Dream ever remembers... At least, he doesn't look like he does, especially since he doesn't even seem to remember their past. Dream just thinks that Nightmare was nice to him from the start really.

They were back in their old Dreamtale AU when he found Dream unconscious on the ground, there was blood everywhere, but there doesn't seem to be any wounds from Dream... Even though only Dream could bleed gold... At least, that's what he remembers anyways. The blood looked oddly similar to that of the juice of a golden apple really, which made Nightmare even more concerned.

He didn't even knew at the time why he was so... Worried... For Dream. He hated Dream! Dream abandoned him! He suffered because of Dream's negligence! But... Seeing Dream in that pool of blood, something just clicked in Nightmare and he just rushed him to their base and demanded Cross to heal him.

He didn't care how weird it was, nor did he care about his anger for Dream. All he wanted was for Dream to wake up, to show that he was alive...

And he was, he groaned and slowly opened his eyesockets, and it made Nightmare sigh in relief, but then what Dream had uttered next surprised all of those in the room.

"Who are you...?"

Ever since that day, Nightmare made it his mission to never let Dream stray far from him, never let the Stars get to him, and never even let anyone else other than his gang talk to Dream... Well, Error can talk, but he's usually busy keeping Ink and Blue busy so that they never find out where Dream is...

As much as he wanted to ask what happened to Dream at that time, he seems to not remember, which was unfortunate... So now, Dream's just been living with them.

Admittedly, at first, it was really weird, but eventually, they all warmed up, and were now also quite protective of the ball of positivity...

Speaking of Positivity, Nightmare never felt hurt or bothered by Dream's positivity anymore, or even felt anything positive about Dream other than his aura and his feelings... Which, honestly, feels normal now. But other than that, his magic seemed like it poofed into thin air.

It confused Nightmare greatly, but there's not much he can do about it.

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

"That was really delicious!" Dream exclaimed excitedly. "Thank you for the food, Horror!" Dream cheered and Horror smiled happily. "Thank you too..." Horror bashfully said and the others snickered a bit. Horror always gets happy whenever his cooking was complimented, and Dream made it his goal to always compliment the food. Horror still hasn't gotten used to it yet.

"I'm gonna prepare for bed now." Dream chirped. "I wanna wake up early cuz I wanna explore some more." Dream giggled. "Alright, goodnight Dream!" Killer cheered. "Goodnight Dream." Dust nodded and Horror waved happily "Goodnight!" "Goodnight brother." Nightmare smiled gently and Dream giggled, quickly moving and going up to his room to prepare for bed.

⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝

Dream then got into bed, smiling brightly as he remembered the day well spent. As he closed his eyesockets, he couldn't help but think back to how this all started... When he woke up with no memories...

Admittedly, he wants his memory back, and they are coming back! But very slowly... It was quite annoying really, but it was all worth it...

He loves his brother very, very much... He would do anything for his brother!

He would even die again for his brother... He won't hesitate... Like how he didn't hesitate to drive the knife into his SOUL... The golden blood leaking as he collapsed...

"I want this to end... I want to be with my brother again... Please, if there's any Gods or Deities that can hear me...

Take away my title, take away my role of Guardian, I just want to be with my brother, forever and ever, hoping for only death, do we part..." Dream whispered, feeling the life fade out of himself. Collapsing on the ground, it felt like his SOUL finally left his body and broke... And then, his eyes closed.

Though thanks to his efforts, his wish was granted.

He was no longer a Guardian of Positivity, which means he can no longer hurt his brother with his feelings, and he was finally leaving his peaceful days together with his brother.

He wants to stay like this forever.

˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣

* Mmm yeshm uwu
* I haven't done something like this in a while so yep
* Again, sorry for the late update... But Next Update would also be angst... I think oof
* Hope you guys enjoyed! <3